What's new
What's new

SBL Tailstock Extension Modification

jockofthelowveld

Hot Rolled
I just built a 3 1/2" length of travel 10L tailstock extension for a gunmaker in the Western US.

That is the last one as I am no longer going to build them. I hope that all of you that I have built them find them as useful as I do on my SBL 10L and 9N.

Regards;
Steve

Thanks Steve

Though I have not yet started using my SB 10L (still building the shop) I am so glad I had you make the modification for me. I know that it will be extremely usefull. The quality of your work is superb.

Your silent lathe modification is a thread I documented and I intend to add this mod to my lathe when I get up and running.

I hope you are well and that health is not the reason you are stopping this work.

Again, thank you Steve.

Eric Easterling aka Vlad

I have thought about something similar for some time, but what held me back was the slop(?) in the front of the casting. I am not sure if this is intended or as a result of wear, I suspect wear, that would require reboring and honing the hole for the ram. With the slot in the bottom for the key, I was not quite sure how to handle this, possibly someone with a Sunnen hone. Your thoughts?

Tom

Steve did mine and it allows me to use my Newall Dro and not loose any working room.

John

Back