What's new
What's new

CNC lack of workers ?

This industry doesn't pay a decent living wage pretty much anywhere on earth, certainly not on a 40hr work week.
In Switzerland it does. I work 41 hours a week and there are a lot of open positions. The only downside is you need to speak the local language (german,french or italian).

I’ve heard several shops in nisku Alberta take on forgin in workers through a government program.
Nisku is right outside of Edmonton.
Mostly oilfeild machining.

Alberta’s a great place. Wages are decent and cost of living reasonable
Love it here :)

I’ve heard several shops in nisku Alberta take on forgin in workers through a government program.
Nisku is right outside of Edmonton.
Mostly oilfeild machining.

Alberta’s a great place. Wages are decent and cost of living reasonable
Love it here :)
Probably the most for their people provincial government in Canada. If I didn’t find my dream property in the Cariboo region here in BC, Alberta would have been where I went looking next.

Had quite a few friends move to Alberta the last few years from BC. Cashed out of the lowermainland and bought nice custom homes on acreage and kept $ in the bank. Have plenty of work in their industries and are enjoying life.

If it does, then why "there are a lot of open positions." ??
The easy answer: Most jobs here pay enough to make a living, so why do a job where you get your hands dirty? In reality it's a bit more complicated though.

Babyboomers getting retired and the following generation did have less childred is one problem. Similar problems like in the rest of the first world.

The easy answer: Most jobs here pay enough to make a living, so why do a job where you get your hands dirty? In reality it's a bit more complicated though.

Babyboomers getting retired and the following generation did have less childred is one problem. Similar problems like in the rest of the first world.
We don't have that problem here....we must be 3rd world now ?

Back