What's new
What's new

Daewoo puma 2500y

Tomir

Plastic
Hello all. I would be gratefule for some help.

I bought second Daewoo Puma 2500Y 2003 year with Fanuc 18i-TB.
I have an issue with Y axis reference and MDI programming.
When i turn on the machine i make a refference and its all ok. I can do everything in MDI. Chose M comands, spindle speed, tool setter, live tooling..etc
Now when i just slightly manually change Y axis i cannot do anything above, until i return again X and Y in refference.
I understand that this a protection for toolsetter and maybe something else but its really annoying.
The first Puma 2000Y with same Fanuc control 2004 year does not have this issue.
Is there some parameter to change or is this in Keeprelay?
I went through all parameters and compare 2000Y and 2500Y but i cant find anything.
in Auto mode is not a problem. I can do whatever i want with Y axis.
Thanks anyone for help.
Tomi

Sometimes depends on the mode the machine is in. If it's in lathe (turning)mode, it may want the Y against the home at all times. When they first started making these Daewoo (Doosan/DN) was very careful as the machine is strongest with the Y at home position. When in milling mode, it will probably be more fogiving if the Y is not all the way home.

When referencing the machine, it usually wants Y first.

I may have some old training documents on this, if you'd like.

Yes of course. Y always first. Thats ok. What bothers me most that everytime when i want to measure tool with setter it must be X and Y in referrence. I use a lot Y axis movements also when i just turning due to differrent custom made tool holders.
Time comsuming for the set up if there is a small complex quantities of pieces to make.
If this was my first Puma i will understand and get used to it. But other Puma 2000y like i describe does not have this (i dont want to call issue)
Maybe a year diference makes Daewoo some changes.
If i can find something in your old training documents i will be verry grateful.
Thank you

Back