What's new
What's new

G83 question..?

CyboNinja

Plastic
Is there a way to change how far your drill starts above each subsequent peck? For example, on my Okuma, if I set my Q at .100" and start at Z0, it'll drill to -.100, rapid out, then rapid back down to -.08 and then feed at my F value. Is there a way to give me more than .020" in between each peck?

Broke a drill because the chip didn't clear the hole and it smashed it at a rapid feed. If I could adjust this I could avoid more broken drills in the future.

Is there a way to alter this? Is in the parameters? Anyone familiar with Okuma U100M parameters?

Any help is appreciated. TIA.

Is there a way to change how far your drill starts above each subsequent peck? For example, on my Okuma, if I set my Q at .100" and start at Z0, it'll drill to -.100, rapid out, then rapid back down to -.08 and then feed at my F value. Is there a way to give me more than .020" in between each peck?

Yes, it's in the parameters. Not sure which one offhand, but it should be clearly labeled... .and have a value of .02 since your machine has it set to .02".

Yes, it's in the parameters. Not sure which one offhand, but it should be clearly labeled... .and have a value of .02 since your machine has it set to .02".

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it was a parameter but I guess I was hoping it was just another letter I could punch into my canned cycle.

Sweet avatar btw!

Broke a drill because the chip didn't clear the hole and it smashed it at a rapid feed. If I could adjust this I could avoid more broken drills in the future.

Is there a way to alter this? Is in the parameters? Anyone familiar with Okuma U100M parameters?

Any help is appreciated. TIA.

its a parameter on fanuc 15 machines. big drills even 0.100" not enough if chips still in hole
if you got 2" or 3" dia drill rapiding back in, chips compress at bottom of hole, drill acts like rapid collision
at hole bottom. when its borderline you get the crunching bad sound which aint good for drill tip
at 0.150" rapids stops above last peck and feed starts never had a problem

Why do you need to peck drill in a lathe?

Not unusual to have to peck in a lathe. Might not be a drill. Maybe a deep groove or trepan with a delicate tool that can't be fed fast enough to break chip.

Try writing a macro that mimics the canned cycle but works exactly like you want it to. More flexibility and no hunting for parameters.

Back