What's new
What's new

IMTS 2024

Miller846

Aluminum
Anyone going to IMTS this year? I’m looking at making a machine purchase this year and figured I’d hold off until IMTS in hopes of snagging a show discount…I’ve never been so I’m not sure if they do that or not, more specifically Doosan. If you have gone and were able to get show specials on machines/tooling, what kind of discounts were you able to get? Thanks!

I've not missed a show in >30 years.

They always have show discounts, which is really quite backwards as they pay an absolutely ridiculous amount of $$$ to be there.

------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

Last edited:
@Miller846
As a former Doosan/DN employee I can tell you that the sales crew gets very aggressive with discounts at the show. Bring your check book.
The last IMTS was the first one I've missed since 1982. They're like Disney for machinists. Allot yourself plenty of time, and comfortable shoes.

I would like to go but don't necessarily have anything I need to see. I went in 2018 and made an offer on a horizontal that was sold to someone else in the time it took my sales guy to walk to the booth to say it was taken...

I know, I know. You go to see the things you didn't think you need to see, but still. I'm as swamped with zero sign of being in a better position to take the time by this fall.

Is there a booth where I can hire a few competent machinists? I'd visit that one.

You would prolly be more at home at the PMPA show in Cleveland on the odd years in April.

--------------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!
I almost did go to the Cleveland show. It was within a reasonable driving distance.

I almost did go to the Cleveland show. It was within a reasonable driving distance.

I'd recommend it. I've never been, but from what I hear from my vendors, that's where you see more of the cool stuff related to things that guys like you and I do.

There should be a few deals once things slowdown, they can't blame it on "shortages' BS anymore at least and metal has come down a lot.
I wonder if the machine dealers have much inventory? probably not as much as 2008 ? car/truck lots sure are packed though, I wonder when capitulation will come... if a great deal shows up on a turning center maybe with Y milling I'd likely add one, sadly can't fit a mill turn in here but that would be a fun toy to have.

I have to make it to IMTS or some big show like that someday, just never have time, anyway, back to work.

One of the best deals you could possibly make is to sort it out now and have the machine in the booth with your name on it. They love having their machines pre sold and hate sending them back to their warehouse.
But not the easiest thing to do.
A machine I really wanted was on display at a show once, somebodies name on it. My SA came after me the last day of the show. Guy backed out and they were desperate to move it.

Back