What's new
What's new

Learing curve for Solidworks 2018, with a good base OneCnc Expert & AutoCad

OT: Do you remember Welex in west Houston (on highway 6, just north of Westheimer)? I used to work there 32 years ago. It shut down a few years after I left.

solidworks will get it done if you dont need class a surfaces. If i had to do it over again and had the budget I would of bought NX from day one and learned it inside and out. overall its a more expensive piece of software, but there are some things you can do much easier than in solidworks. having used solidworks for 10 years though, I have yet to come across anything I couldnt "get done" one way or another. Get a educational or trial seat and play with it for a few hours and see if you like it. the command manager and the layout are all pretty self explanatory. it prompts you as you go as well.

I think I do. Weren't they bought out/ owned by Halliburton?

They were indeed owned by Halliburton. Were in the business of oil well logging. We built all the hardware that went down the well hole. That's where I got my start in machining. According to Google maps, that building now houses Texas Health and Human Services Commission, and Hoover Ferguson Group (whatever that is). I lived in Houston from '78-'86. Had a great time there. Quite a place.

Did it smell as bad and have as much crime in 86? because 2016 sucked.

Smelled pretty bad over in Pasadena and near the ship channel due to the refineries/chemical plants, but I was way out in west Houston, which back then was fine.Crime was a bit worse than where I am now, that's for sure. But again, in the west side, not so bad as in some other areas.

SW does this very well if you get in the good habit of using the file property manager. Creating exploded views and BOMs are easy to do with good templates and the property manager, maintaining them over time is a bit of a pain. On larger assemblies it can be beneficial to create an "Exploded View" configuration and derive the BOM print from that. Good thing is all that crap I said, that would not have meant anything to me before I started, is covered very well in the tutorials, here, and on YouTube.

This right here.

Back