What's new
What's new

Looking for someone with a ~12-15k lift near Cinci-Dayton, Ohio to receive and reload machine shipment

jhov

Cast Iron
I'm looking to make a deal on some injection molding machines but I can't get a 52' trailer to my shop so I need somewhere to receive the truck, unload the machines and reload them onto my flatbed straight truck. There are 3 machines each measuring 14'L x 4'W x 5'H and around 7500 lbs ea. I've contacted a few rigging companies for the task but have received no responses yet. In the past I've not had luck getting them to quote small jobs. Is anyone in the Ohio area equipped for the task or know someone who is? (needs to be Ohio, I can't drive my truck out of state legally).

Call a heavy wrecker service, cheaper than riggers and less hassle.
I appreciate the suggestion and it may be cheaper, but I'm not sure it's less hassle. I've used a local heavy truck wrecker service to move 2 ~5000 lb machines on different occasions before I bought my own gear and they were just barely able to do the job. One the second job, even after I gave the dimensions, weight and several pictures of the machine to be moved they brought out a little 5k lb rated warehouse lift with 4 ft forks to unload the machine. The driver had to sit around for almost 2 hours waiting for them to send out their telehandler instead and even that was nearly lifting the back wheels when it lifted the machine off the truck.

Might be better to have the truck meet you at a rigging company shop, or a machinery rental yard, rent a machine, and do it yourself! Their machine won't even have to leave their yard that way. And more machines nearby if needed.

Might be better to have the truck meet you at a rigging company shop, or a machinery rental yard, rent a machine, and do it yourself! Their machine won't even have to leave their yard that way. And more machines nearby if needed.
Thanks, I hadn't thought of this one.

You mention a heavy wrecker bringing a small forklift? I am lost?

You mention a straight truck, do you have a way to unload the machines at your shop?

Have the truck park near your shop and drive your material handling equipment TO the truck.
Yeah, I was lost too.

I have a 15k lb capacity forklift with 6 ft forks to unload.

I'm on a country road and the nearest place is a state park. Not sure the local police would appreciate me using their parking lot to unload heavy machinery. The next nearest is a small bait shop with bollards all along their narrow parking entries and exits.

Back