What's new
What's new

Matsuura mc 500v general operation questions

Noobiecnc

Plastic
So I picked up this vmc and I've read the manual I got with it and downloaded another. Figured out how to home the machine and I've found out that my spindle drive is good and I managed to get it to come on but I don't really know what I did to get it to do something. I was in the manual programming mode and just typed a s100 code and pushed on on the spindle power and it came right to life. Now I don't really understand how to change spindle speeds or anything like that as I just have a on off button and a rpm gauge.
My other question is about the tool changer. I have zero response from the control panel other than a arc position light that appears. If I grab a screwdriver and override the solenoid the tool changer comes down and I can operate the rotation of the tool changer but I can't get to to slide over to the spindle. Is there some quirks that im missing here. I don't have any tools in my changer, im trying to verify everything is operational first

You are forcing mahcine do what it is not designed and programmed to do
I'm guessing you have some MX controls? Images would be helpful

Does the spindle control only able to by programming? I must have to read the manual programming part of the manual a touch more. Writing g code on the go is something I need to learn anyways.
86 matsuura mc500v with a yasnac mx-2 control

Attachments

• 16958465885791080069108392695116.jpg
    16958465885791080069108392695116.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 16958466184851765534170088476387.jpg
    16958466184851765534170088476387.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Wow, your front panel is in beautiful shape. The "ATC position" lamp needs to be on before you can move the ATC slide; it should turn on when you home Z. Also, some buttons don't work in MDI mode (such as tool clamp/unclamp), so my guess is that you need to go to jog or handwheel mode, and try the ATC manual controls from there.

I don't know how to operate the spindle except using gcodes in either MDI or your program. And yes, you need to know a few gcodes, mcodes, not too many.

I have the identical operator interface, 'cept mine looks like $%#& compared to yours.

Wow, your front panel is in beautiful shape. The "ATC position" lamp needs to be on before you can move the ATC slide; it should turn on when you home Z. Also, some buttons don't work in MDI mode (such as tool clamp/unclamp), so my guess is that you need to go to jog or handwheel mode, and try the ATC manual controls from there.

I don't know how to operate the spindle except using gcodes in either MDI or your program. And yes, you need to know a few gcodes, mcodes, not too many.

I have the identical operator interface, 'cept mine looks like $%#& compared to yours.
Ahh I'll have to try it throughout the different mods, pretty sure I only tried in rapid. I did have the machine homed and the atc position light was on. I'll have to plaster a list of codes to the front of the machine for reference.
I have to brag for a second to somebody who can actually appreciate this but the whole machine is beautiful man, I bought it sight unseen for 854 dollars out the door. I would assume the membrane buttons had been replaced if the origin button didn't have the tiniest bit of wear on it. Ways and table look mint, and I found an area for hours on the machine and it has 1600 cutting hours on it 🤯 seems to be fully functional, everything has been operator error so far so 🤷🏻‍♂️

So, it is all to be co trolled by code. After homing, you should switch to MDI, and type all gcode standard commands you want, after you done typing press cycle start and it should do the trick.
After you played with it come back for further guidance

I will try here
make sure mach has been homed
make sure mach has air
move Z down from (minus) in mdi or write a gram .

T7;
G91 G28 Z0;
M06;
That should do a T/C
to turn spindle on in MDI
M03 S250; should turn spindle on at 250RPMs
to change RPMs in MDI,type S750; should speed up from 250 RPMs to 750 RPMs

Tis early, maybe i misunderstood question?
Good luck
Gw

On the one I used to use, tool changes would sometimes not work because the carousel wasn't all the way where it was supposed to be.
The in/out/up/down motion is all done with air cylinders and switches at each end to verify position. So if a switch hasn't been activated, the machine will just sit there and do nothing.
If you're having problems with tool changes, the pneumatics and switches are the a good place to start.

Ok so I messed around with this thing on lunch, understand working the spindle now and homing the machine. I think that was where I was having some issues. I brought the machine to home position manually but never typed the code to set home.
Seems as though my forward and back slide is having issues in the toolchanger. I'll check the contacts in the switch but I just get a loud noise when I push the switch up and nothing down. The toolchanger would not make a tool change on it's own and gave me an alarm. Everything worked manually except for the slide back and forth

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_114558.jpg
    IMG_20230928_114558.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5

Back