What's new
What's new

TRT70 workholding, Xin Dian mini self centering vise.

David, I think it still points to a somewhat misleading offer where the only "cheap" listing is jaws only, with the actual base unit being ~$116 or so.

My purchase of four was for ~$73 each (two "inside jaw" and two "outside jaw"), but all the others I see are more than that, and my vendor only had the four total.
Thanks. I think I missed clicking save.:nutter:

thank you!..it says jaws only for 60-double that for vise,...being cheap af will try to find the $60 ...
Pat, I didn't mean to post a misleading link. Please forgive me. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you delete the link from your quote of mine so that it won't promote a scam? Thank you very much!

The peer pressure was too much, so I bought four.

At least the jaws are claimed to be a 440C @ 58RC, but the base looks like hard anodized aluminum. mhajicek, what's your thought, did it machine like a hard stainless when you cut the base?
I programmed it like 4140PH, cut it with carbide and coolant, and it cut fine. It's definitely some kind of steel, magnetic, with what looks like a black oxide coating.

I didn't have any trouble ordering from Robot Digg, but I did call them first to see if they were legit.

Actual price is $38.57 so Robot Digg is not doing a big markup. Xin dian said they could do the Hajicek Mod easily enough if a few people wanted them. Maybe could talk them into adding it to the product lineup, even give mr haj here a little naming credit and his own numerical suffix :)

If someone wants quantities we could oblige but probably not cheaper than robot digg. Not much cheaper anyhow, more than one can play at this game :)

If the Xia Dain vise fails,

Xin Dian. 鑫点 Name of the company. They make a lot of other smallish workholding stuff too. Some of it looks pretty nice.

There is no word "dain" and here's a few of the xia's, none of which go to this company :

下 吓 夏 峡 虾 瞎 狭 匣 遐 閜 呷 and a cast of a few dozen more ... would possibly be nice if you could get your head out of your ass long enough to correctly identify what you so happily criticize.

And they're in dongguan, no one makes $2 a day in dongguan, even the toilet cleaners get more than that.

My purchase of four was for ~$73 each (two "inside jaw" and two "outside jaw"), but all the others I see are more than that, and my vendor only had the four total.

I could be mistaken but pretty sure the jaws just flip around. Same vise, no difference.

Last edited:
下 吓 夏 峡 虾 瞎 狭 匣 遐 閜 呷 and a cast of a few dozen more ... would possibly be nice if you could get your head out of your ass long enough to correctly identify what you so happily criticize.

You obviously need some reading comprehension help, because I didn't criticize them. I started by pointing out that a manual vise (any manual vise) is a low risk affair compared to an automation vise.

Then I said I know shop owners who have bought them by the dozen and love them. IDK why this put you into such a tizzy that you broke your keyboard with some incomprehensible squiggle bullshit, but perhaps pop a diazepam?

And they're in dongguan, no one makes $2 a day in dongguan, not even the toilet cleaners.

I don't care. China's a loser country run by terrorists and slavers with such dramatic small dick energy, we sent them into an apoplectic fit just by having Nancy Pelosi land her big grandma warlocks in Taipei for some tea. They aren't to be taken seriously anymore.

Actual price is $38.57 so Robot Digg is not doing a big markup. Xin dian said they could do the Hajicek Mod easily enough if a few people wanted them. Maybe could talk them into adding it to the product lineup, even give mr haj here a little naming credit and his own numerical suffix :)

If someone wants quantities we could oblige but probably not cheaper than robot digg. Not much cheaper anyhow, more than one can play at this game :)

Xin Dian. 鑫点 Name of the company. They make a lot of other smallish workholding stuff too. Some of it looks pretty nice.

There is no word "dain" and here's a few of the xia's, none of which go to this company :

And they're in dongguan, no one makes $2 a day in dongguan, even the toilet cleaners get more than that.

I could be mistaken but pretty sure the jaws just flip around. Same vise, no difference.
don't think i need to remove my quote as requested above-nobody else will be confused any more than me i feel!--but are you (em gold) saying that the robot digg company does presently sell these quite cheap if one can get thru the maze?-i'm sure a few of us are curious to try something that is this cheap to take a flyer on--thanks to all of you who've written!--pat

are you (em gold) saying that the robot digg company does presently sell these quite cheap if one can get thru the maze?

I didn't talk to Robot Digger, mhaj bought from them for $60. We called the factory, from them it's $38.57 Buying from Robot may be easier and it's not much more. Mhaj didn't say whether the $60 included shipping ?

'We', actually the assist did after I kicked her in the ass about six times. You just can't get good help these days :(

my MoresideFixtures that I build and sell. Just cant bring myself to it. I like MoresideFixtures to be able to say "Made in USA".

Did you have a thread here about those tables, a while ago ? They are sort of semi-automated, with the 4th being under control and the 5th being manual indexing ?

I always thought they were cool and potentially useful for a lot of people, nifty if you got the product off the ground. How does it interface for the 4th ? Is there a cross-control standard for that ?

Did you have a thread here about those tables, a while ago ? They are sort of semi-automated, with the 4th being under control and the 5th being manual indexing ?
Yes I did end up getting them under production and have many options. It was a rough start finding someone to demo it but all worked out in the end. PM me for info

cheaper than ebay?-thanks,,,pat
Pat, I believe they are asking 16,000 for it.
Haas TRT70.

They bought several of these units for a project, but it didn't end up working like they had hoped. One of the biggest problems is finding (or making) fixturing that fits on the platter and is within the weight limits.

Anyway, these units had very little use. They were just put in storage. Mhajicek bought one. I believe there is still one left.

Send me a message if you are interested, and I can put you in contact with the company selling it.

Pat, I believe they are asking 16,000 for it.
Haas TRT70.

They bought several of these units for a project, but it didn't end up working like they had hoped. One of the biggest problems is finding (or making) fixturing that fits on the platter and is within the weight limits.

Anyway, these units had very little use. They were just put in storage. Mhajicek bought one. I believe there is still one left.

Send me a message if you are interested, and I can put you in contact with the company selling it.
sorry- i didn't know what i was referring to!!

Back