What's new
What's new

What do you use to back up data?

richard newman

Titanium
Reading the thread about recovering data from a crashed computer drive, I thought to ask what folks are using to back up their vital information.

I use Carbonite, which backs up automatically, and two external drives - one at the shop and one at home. I'm a one man, semi-retired operation, not that many zeros and ones to keep track of, but I sure would hate to lose it all!

I use Synology NAS systems. One on site that my PC and Laptop Sync too, another NAS off site that does daily backups of my on site NAS. Overall my critical data is on 6 hard drives with backup history in case I ever need to go back in time and recover old/mis-delete data.

This is 2023 not 1993. Why aren't you using the cloud for backup? Plenty of options and the nicest part is you don't need to be an IT expert.

This is 2023 not 1993. Why aren't you using the cloud for backup? Plenty of options and the nicest part is you don't need to be an IT expert.
Exactly this is 2023 when every man and his dog would like your data. Maybe some of us have just refrained from drinking the kool aid.

Back