What's new
What's new

Kitamura Mycenter1, Z axis stuck up, 2nd LS alarm

sandiapaul

Titanium
This machine is brand new to me, the Z is stuck all the way up and it has a No. 11 alarm.
I have the manual and it states:

"Firstly, switch on the 2nd LS remove switch on the control panel, and confirm that LED above the switch is "on". Secondly, turn the mode select switch handle to magnification 1 or 10. The axis doesn't move under the mode except them. With using handle, move the axis on the stroke end to the center of the machine for making it further from the 2nd LS."

I assume that the "handle" that they refer to is simply the toggle switch itself?
When I do as it states I can hear a click like a relay but there is no movement.

I have not run the machine at all yet, just getting started with jog, ref 0, etc when the + and not the - got pushed. :(

Thanks for any help!

The handle the manual refers to is the MPG.
While holding down the 2nd LS switch, turn the "handle" toward "-"

The wording in those Kitamura manuals is is hilarious.
Don't worry you will be fluent in "Janglish" in no time.

I'm not an expert on your machine, but it sounds as if the machine has overtravelled past the soft stop. On my Makino (Fanuc OM-B), when overtravelled past the soft stops, the machine requires you to hold down the "OT Release" button while using the pulse generator or jog switch to move the axis back to the middle of travel. Of course you have to be sure not to travel the axis on the wrong direction, since the interlock is being overridden.

I expect your "LS remove switch" is equivalent to the "OT Release" button, and must be held down while moving the axis back to center via jog or MPG. I would expect that the machine needs to be in x1 or x10 mode on MPG so that an operator can't move the axis too quickly, lest they crank it in the wrong direction with while the overtravel interlock is overridden.

Good luck and report back when you figure it out, eh? Archived threads like this have saved my ass in the past.

Edit, coolhand beat me too it. That's what I get for being verbose.

It you still cant get it off the limit switch,there is a couple other steps you need to do .
Let us know if you got it

Thanks guys...I wont be back in front of the machine till Monday, and I will try 1st thing in the am.

The "handle" is the MPG?! Why not say "the MPG" then?

Thanks again!

Paul

The handle the manual refers to is the MPG.
While holding down the 2nd LS switch, turn the "handle" toward "-"

The wording in those Kitamura manuals is is hilarious.
Don't worry you will be fluent in "Janglish" in no time.

The 'Engrish' in the Hyundai manuals will have you laughing your ass off too.....

I think in this one they are asking you to physically hold down the 2nd limit switch (I.e. Overriding it) then use the mpg to get the machine back to a central position, then release the 2nd limit switch (on the machine frame/hardware somewhere - wherever it is located ) so it can do it's job of protecting the machine from stuff-ups again.

As noted, you're stuck on an upper limit switch. Been there, done that confused as heck I was, just like you.

Simple solution, switch to handle mode, and use the .0001 per click feedrate on the manual pulse generator (you can also switch to jog mode with the rapids set to 1 % or 10%... any faster and it won't work) choose the Z axis. Hold the 2nd limit switch down and jog the handle to lower the Z axis. DON"T JOG THE WRONG WAY OR YOU CAN BUST SOMETHING...hence the reason for the required low feed rates.

Once you're off the limit switch, let go of the 2nd limit switch. hit reset and you should be able to jog + and - in Z. Rehome the Z axis and you should be good to go.

Thanks everyone for the help. As I mentioned I wont be back at the machine till Monday am.

Just to clarify...
Right now the 2nd LS LED is off and the machine shows a #11 alarm.

So to get it off the limit I:

set the Mode Select switch to x1 or x10

Hold the 2nd LS switch so the light is on

Using the MPG, turn in the Z minus direction

Not sure of the year and control, I will get that Monday and report back.

Thanks again,

Paul

So to get it off the limit I:

set the Mode Select switch to x1 or x10

Hold the 2nd LS switch so the light is on

Using the MPG, turn in the Z minus direction

That's how I do it. I need to wait a second or 2 while holding the 2nd LS toggle until the servo contactor engages.

Also, keep in mind that you just depressed a limit switch that doesn't get depressed much.....sometimes they don't return.
Afterwards, if you can't freely jog in either direction, that may be the cause.

Back