What's new
What's new

1988 mazak 10n parts estimate

pressbrake1

Stainless
I know its a silly open ended question.
Bought mazak 10n at auction, meant to work.
Met the operator today who has since told me either x or z servo amp is gone and the spindle drive unit.
I just ask for a rough idea as being a auction I have to collect, but i need to decide if it comes home or I stop off at the scrap yard
ThanksMazatrol CAM T-2 Control

Stock No. U27723
Serial No. 72442
Year of manufacturing 03/88

Would depend what's actually wrong with it, and your level of electronics skill/knowledge.

For example it might be just a $10 capacitor or something on each, you can't know until you check it out more in depth.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

I took it to mean that one of the servo amps and the spindle drive are missing from the machine.

Those would be Mitsubishi items. If you can map out the I/O for both, you can substitute any appropriately sized drive for any manufacturer. The machine doesn't know or care. You will need parameters for the spindle drive.

Last time I priced brand new Yaskawa components for a similar size Mori Seiki lathe, the spindle drive was about $6,500. The servo drive was around $1,500. That was more than 5 years ago, so it could be higher today.

Figure a quarter to half that cost for used on ebay.

I took it to mean that one of the servo amps and the spindle drive are missing from the machine.

Those would be Mitsubishi items. If you can map out the I/O for both, you can substitute any appropriately sized drive for any manufacturer. The machine doesn't know or care. You will need parameters for the spindle drive.

Last time I priced brand new Yaskawa components for a similar size Mori Seiki lathe, the spindle drive was about $6,500. The servo drive was around $1,500.

You might be right there, didn't think of the literal sense of "gone"

Last time I priced brand new Yaskawa components for a similar size Mori Seiki lathe, the spindle drive was about $6,500. The servo drive was around $1,500. That was more than 5 years ago, so it could be higher today.

Thanks never worked on mazak , I now know to look for mitsubishi parts

Yes, all Mazak electronics, including the control, are made by Mitsubishi as far as I know. I don't know what series drives it would have. I've never messed with that vintage of Mazak.

Yes, all Mazak electronics, including the control, are made by Mitsubishi as far as I know. I don't know what series drives it would have. I've never messed with that vintage of Mazak.
If you need to know specifics I can have a look at my 86 qt10n for you.

I have a QT20N T2 that is fully working but without a monitor.
I think this machine has the same servo and spindledrive.

But is these missing or broken?

I have not made up my mind on this one yet ;)
But the first thing you should do if the drives are broken but exists is to leave it powered on for a few hours and then turn off and turn off main switch for 30sec.
If you then power up and it works its probably just replacing capacitors, they and the batteries are the only things that will fail due to aging.

I have succesfully repaired a spindlecontroller for 100$ by help from this forum.

Back