What's new
What's new

Brother Pallet Changer Alarm issues

You'll want to edit that, or just plain delete it before Mr. King gits back. :eek:

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Only thing I'm a proponent of not scaling back the max is spindle speed. If the bearings are up to the task? Let 'er rip!
Axis motion? That is another story. Direction changes of a machine table are a totally different story than constant RPM.

The pallets don't lift. They are a rotary table on its side. I agree that a good cleaning around the bump stop and the pot switch is probably the issue. GOOP!

What makes the sound Andy? You know the "locking" sound when the table is in position.
I have not really dug in to this any farther than what you see here (this thread), or my initial post on IG back in Dec. (same as here).
I think I have a parts diagram for this era 650 from when I ordered the side door windows mid '21, and the pathetic parts guy made me look up my own part #'s.
But, I haven't even looked at that yet. I will if this gets gets much worse before I figure it out.

My #1 issue is what changed. What happened? Why now? I don't know how it works. So I'm learning.

Another thing that I guess could be a factor? I really have no clue here!
I'm pretty sure I am coming up on spent filter capacitors in my Phase-Perfect again. I've seen some of the warning signs.
Not gonna go in to deep details of that here (yet). Not the subject of this thread (I'm swapping new caps in the PP right now! (taking a break)).
Unless the new caps fix the issue (I don't think they will).
I had not seen any of the warning signs back in Dec. when these alarms started popping off.

Very busy day. Just saw this. No experience with this but my guess is sticky clamp sensor. It looks like a limit switch.

20220302_202206.jpg

20220302_202450.jpg

20220302_202614.jpg

Very busy day. Just saw this. No experience with this but my guess is sticky clamp sensor. It looks like a limit switch.

View attachment 343394

View attachment 343395

View attachment 343396

Okay, so, there are mechanical switches involved. Like a roller proximity switch? That gives me a direction.
I am actually having pallet changer issues with my haas pallet-changer that I have been able to narrow down to exactly this!
A sticky switch that doesn't extend when the chain link rolls away. That one was quite easy.
The alarm description is pretty intuitive. And, by nature of the chain driven sliding pallets, it is very easy to physically watch.
I un-bolted the switch, and worked some WD-40 down in to it manually, and it solves the problem. For a period of time (weeks).
I obviously need to replace that switch (on the haas).
The Brother? Not so easy to see what is going on. And, I have very little Brother experience vs. years and years and years of haas exp.

But, the jist of what I read in to your post is: figure out the mechanical issue. Rather than throw band-aids at the parameters.
Which is why I am here with this in the first place. The few responses I have gotten have been centered around adjusting parameters.
Which would affect position, or time. Neither of which should have changed.
The main casting on these things is Beef! I haven't moved it. And, time shouldn't change anyway. Nothing should need adjustment in those regards.

I'll look closer tomorrow. The Clamp Sensor in your attached drawings must be behind some sheet-metal at the operator station. Not, the side door.
There is a sensor of some type easily seen from the side door though. But, it doesn't correspond with your drawings.

Okay, so, there are mechanical switches involved. Like a roller proximity switch? That gives me a direction.
I am actually having pallet changer issues with my haas pallet-changer that I have been able to narrow down to exactly this!
A sticky switch that doesn't extend when the chain link rolls away. That one was quite easy.
The alarm description is pretty intuitive. And, by nature of the chain driven sliding pallets, it is very easy to physically watch.
I un-bolted the switch, and worked some WD-40 down in to it manually, and it solves the problem. For a period of time (weeks).
I obviously need to replace that switch (on the haas).
The Brother? Not so easy to see what is going on. And, I have very little Brother experience vs. years and years and years of haas exp.

But, the jist of what I read in to your post is: figure out the mechanical issue. Rather than throw band-aids at the parameters.
Which is why I am here with this in the first place. The few responses I have gotten have been centered around adjusting parameters.
Which would affect position, or time. Neither of which should have changed.
The main casting on these things is Beef! I haven't moved it. And, time shouldn't change anyway. Nothing should need adjustment in those regards.

I'll look closer tomorrow. The Clamp Sensor in your attached drawings must be behind some sheet-metal at the operator station. Not, the side door.
There is a sensor of some type easily seen from the side door though. But, it doesn't correspond with your drawings.
I mentioned moving the pallet slower to help diagnose the issue. In this case if it is a sticky roller switch if you move the pallet slower I'd expect that may give it enough time to trigger properly every time, eliminating all the other stuff that may cause the error (no idea what those may be).

Back