What's new
What's new

Kitamura Mycenter 1 Help Please

A flashing "MS" on a Yasnac i80 means that you have not warmed up the spindle sufficiently for the RPM that you have commanded.

On my Kitamura Mycenter 1, if I command a spindle speed greater than 10,000 RPM (or maybe it is greater or equal to 10,000 RPM - not sure), it requires that I warm it up at a speed greater than 5,000 RPM for at least 10 minutes. The machine has a timer for this which must be satisfied: If you short the 10 minutes by even 1 second, you will have to do it over again.

This is in addition to your regular 25% of maximum spindle speed for 30 minutes daily warmup.

So basically, if your program is all below 10,000 RPM, you can just do your regular warmup. However, if you have operations that are greater than 10,000 RPM, you must do an additional warmup of greater than 5,000 RPM for 10 minutes, otherwise your control will hang with a flashing "MS" once you get to the high spindle speed section.

I generally do this warmup at 5050 rpm.

Also keep in mind that if you turn your machine off and back on again (for example to recover from an E-stop), you will have to do the 10 minute warmup again to satisfy its timer.

A flashing "MS" on a Yasnac i80 means that you have not warmed up the spindle sufficiently for the RPM that you have commanded

That is machine builder determined, not a function of the i80 control. MS just means that an M code is being, or trying to be executed and is not complete yet.

pMetal what year machine is yours? I have a 2001 and have never ran into any issues running the spindle to 15k. I do warm it up but have at times not finished the warmup becaues I only needed to do a few minutes of work.

What alarms does it show? That info would really help determin the cause. I have a 2001 version.

Low air pressure would show up as it's own alarm, something like " low air pressure".

Hello everybody!

Hope everyone is safe from the virus.

I have an issue related to low pressure , I was running my Kitamura mycenter today , and all of sudden I heard a quite substantial air leak , no alarms then, I then ran the machine for few more minutes , and I got the same issue other people posted in this thread like , machine was running, no alarm but machined seemed in sort of single block mode...

Now I am getting costantly a low pressure alarm , and leak on the back of the machine , air leak is coming from the tool pot manifold.

any suggestions?

Back