What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0m tool change trouble

Pj3r

Plastic
Note, I've copy-pasted this from (my) thread at *******.com, and edited a thing or 2.

I'll try to keep this short, English not being my primary language.

Last week, everything worked, had to repair the hydraulic actuator for presetting the tool in the correct position for the tool-arm (vertical ATC, side of machine).
This week, the spindle indexes, but the Z doesn't travel up at all..
There is a tool pre-set (in the switching position).
The spindle keeps indexing until I press "reset" on the program.
Seems to me that the program is stuck in whatever it is stuck in, and won't procees to the next step (or it has missed a step).

However, I can't access parameter 220-499 and 780-899.
Parameter 0010, bit 5 is set to 0.
PWE=1 doesn't reveal anything, but allows me to edit parameters.
I've tried various O9000-series programs but to no avail; I can't find the macros of this machine.
Currently, the program I'm using to switch tools is as follows:
O0006;
T1;
M6;
M30;
The T1 and M6 are on seperate lines to test if they should be. Doesn't make a difference.
I've tried T01, M06 in every combination possible, but to no avail.
MDI (or program) M19 will make the spindle index constantly (just like with tool change except now no tool is pre-set.
I've also found that the RPMs don't seem to match what I program, however, the "analog" dial on the machine gives the right number (checked with a laser rpm counter and a reflective sticker).
The machine is a 1988 YAM YANG MV-3A with Fanuc 0M controller, neither of which I have any manuals for.
Everything else in a program it seems to run normally. It just started doing this weird stuff since this week.
Is there a way for the 0m to view all programs in a list-format (like with the 0i), or is it too old for that?
Is there a way to see what macros are made (for specific M codes)?
Is there a way to see (and by extention, edit) parameter 220-499 and 780-899?

I've made 2 videos of this situation, links below.
Any help would be appreciated as it appears the Fanuc mechanic's car is made from the golden tears of immortal Amazonian virgins..
(A pdf of a proper manual would be prime to start with)

Back