What's new
What's new

FS in Brooklyn - Surface Grinder $400, Air Compressor $150, Alphil Spot Welder $1750

zac_b

Aluminum
Wanted to post here about some machinery up for sale this weekend in Brooklyn, NY, and also mention a tag sale if the forum was OK with that.

The location is in Sunset Park near the 36th Street subway stop; timing is Saturday and Sunday, 1pm-7pm. The machinery listed is some of the bigger stuff, but theres also a whole sh*t-ton of random tools, equipment, electronics and parts. Reply or DM if you're curious about something specific (you can get some idea of what's there from the background), or just come by if you're close by (we'll also have beer, pizza, and a peek into the adjacent vodka distillery on Saturday).

Surface Grinder.jpgGrinder Head.jpg
The Rockwell is definitely a fixer-upper (if $400 is too high, make an offer), but could be a nice machine for someone with limited space and some free time to tinker. All-manual, single-phase IIRC, and it comes with a half-dozen wheel hubs and a parts machine with a universal table & head/tailstock. Chuck and universal workholder available but not included in price; make an offer if interested.

Air Compressor.jpg
Air compressor is a beautiful piece of kit - brass fittings on the head, oil level sightglass, freshly painted - but physical condition is unknown. Rebuilt to some extent by PO, and we've never run it. I'd ballparked it at $150, make an offer if you're interested.

Spot Welder.jpgAlphil Plaque.jpg
Spot welder is a beast - 180 amp, 220v, old Alphil unit. Includes controller, arms and a couple extra water-cooled tips. Again, never tested but believed to be working when removed from service (can't imagine there's all that much that can go wrong with a big chunk of steel and copper). Price of $1,750 is based on what I've seen on E-Bay; again, if you're interested but think I'm off-base, make an offer.

And if any of that wasn't kosher, my apologies and I'll be happy to edit as needed! Hope to maybe see some of you this weekend - e-mail is loadrated at gmail dot com if that's easier than DM's.

Update: The surface grinder and air compressor are spoken for, but the spot welder is still around, and there's a bunch of other machinery large and small. I'll be posting more (along with some "what the hell is this?" posts) as things come up.

Back