What's new
What's new

Is Brother TC-S2C-O a good fit?

How did the cuts sound? Were you cutting 6061? Those parameters seem very reasonable but workholding, cutter geometry and other factors play in too. Also the spindle was not new so it's condition is a question mark.

Yes, I was running 6061 and the cuts sounded great, better than on the TM1P. The part is just a 1.25(z) thick x 3.5(y) x 6.0(x) long block held in a vise by .125 . I think you're are right about the spindle, its just showing it wear and imprinting it on the fresh tool holders. Also, is it typical for the load meters to spike during rapids? Thanks

Yes, I was running 6061 and the cuts sounded great, better than on the TM1P. The part is just a 1.25(z) thick x 3.5(y) x 6.0(x) long block held in a vise by .125 . I think you're are right about the spindle, its just showing it wear and imprinting it on the fresh tool holders. Also, is it typical for the load meters to spike during rapids? Thanks

Another thing to check is the runout of a new holder in the spindle. Put a new holder in then check runout on collet taper area or end mill holder bore. If the cuts sound good and the runout is acceptable to you,, I say run it.. Yes load meters spike on rapids.

Back