What's new
What's new

Kurt vise speed handles - tip

GregSY

Diamond
I used the Kurt T-handle for years and it was always too long...would hit the Y crank wheel if I wasn't careful. I saw these RoikoUSA handles so I bought one a while back and was very pleased with it. The center hex is great for fast in/out and then you can switch to the end hex for tightening. Since I sometimes use two vises, I decided to get another one...then I saw these Grey Ledge ones for sale and bought one. As good as the RoikoUSA is, the Grey Ledge is better....heavier and the handle spins more freely. At $25, these are a great deal on a US made product. They're onebay but you can also buy them from GreyLedgeCNC.com as well.

I have no connection to these companies, just a recommendation.

Attachments

• vise handles.jpg
    vise handles.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 41
I made my own. My only complaint is the handle is sufficiently off balance when using the center hex that it won't stay where I want it when the vise isn't clamped. Still FAR better than the original.

20210117_133745.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta admit, for $25 I can't make my own...it'd cost me $25 or more just for the anodizing lol

On a slightly related note...spent plenty of time indicating on my two vises today, used both handles.....I wanted, and eventually was able to get, them down to about .002" along the entire length of the Wells' table. Long cut, minimal drift allowed.

Back