What's new
What's new

16" Metric transposing chart

OldMachinist

Cast Iron
metricgearchart2.jpg

Does anyone have a clearer image of this chart for a metric transposing gears with a single tumbler gear box. I can make out most of the chart but it's just too blurring in some areas to read.

Single tumbler 10L .

Edit : After comparing the charts , they are not even close . The 10L has 8 t.p.i. leadscrew . Maybe with a little math ....?

Attachments

• sb 10L , 9C 008.JPG
    sb 10L , 9C 008.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 604
I was hoping that someone had a clearer image so I could avoid the math. I can do the math but it just takes my old brain longer these days.
I have the banjo for mounting the metric transposing gears plus I have a 127/120 compound gear and an assortment of gears so I'll just have to sit down and figure out the ones I can't read. The other thing I really not sure if the chart is the right one because I can't read what TPI is listed at the top of the chart.

I was hoping that someone had a clearer image so I could avoid the math. I can do the math but it just takes my old brain longer these days.
I have the banjo for mounting the metric transposing gears plus I have a 127/120 compound gear and an assortment of gears so I'll just have to sit down and figure out the ones I can't read. The other thing I really not sure if the chart is the right one because I can't read what TPI is listed at the top of the chart.

The chart is the same as the one in this posting: http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/south-bend-lathes/metric-transposing-gears-224048/#post1559847
except you use a 40 tooth gear on the gearbox instead of a 30T.
I have a brass chart for the 16" with a single tumber gearbox for sale, but of course it would be cheaper to just use the copy in the other posting. :D
Ted

Back