What's new
What's new

A web app for engineers and machinists, Speed Engineer

Thanks everyone. It does have a few quirky things on some phones and systems, but I'm not good enough to fix it to work everywhere. I did this about 8 years ago so...

Several years ago I conjured up a web app for most mobile devices and most web browsers. It has information useful for engineering and machining. I add to it occasionally and make corrections.

No ads, no cost, just use it.

Hope you like it.

Looks great and I have to use this app if this app still exists

Because the link you provided is not working. Can you update another link or the same link? Thanks

some UI feedback, newer system

Nice easy to use app/site. I'm running Firefox 87 on FreeBSD 13. Latest Java, etc. I think you might need to do something about font scaling in the app -- it gets garbled on the left side. Same result if its is full-screen. Screenshot:

Screenshot-2021-04-18-01-28-02.jpg

I think you might need to do something about font scaling in the app -- it gets garbled on the left side. Same result if its is full-screen.
Tried two versions of fireflop and an old safari. The safari works properly, both fireflops butcher it totally. What you are seeing on the left side belongs on the right side, and there's a column on the left that doesn't even show up in the flop.

Berners-Lee is pissed.

View attachment 319197

Tried two versions of fireflop and an old safari. The safari works properly, both fireflops butcher it totally. What you are seeing on the left side belongs on the right side, and there's a column on the left that doesn't even show up in the flop.

Berners-Lee is pissed.

Too bad the oldest safari I have is on an unusable device (iOS-9.35) thanks to abble's planned obsolescence policy. I'm not rich enough to keep feeding those goons.

Too bad the oldest safari I have is on an unusable device (iOS-9.35) thanks to abble's planned obsolescence policy. I'm not rich enough to keep feeding those goons.
This one is 6.1.6 on an old macbook. Yeah, Apple is like Mickey x 2 but as far as browsers go, we're stuck because the imbeciles who write websites are all in cahoots with the goons in "high-tech". And the general public has no self-control, of course.

(Can someone explain to me what's "high tech" about stinking software that doesn't work ? Or is the "high tech" part where they manage to keep people buying their crap, even though it doesn't work ?)

This one is 6.1.6 on an old macbook. Yeah, Apple is like Mickey x 2 but as far as browsers go, we're stuck because the imbeciles who write websites are all in cahoots with the goons in "high-tech". And the general public has no self-control, of course.

(Can someone explain to me what's "high tech" about stinking software that doesn't work ? Or is the "high tech" part where they manage to keep people buying their crap, even though it doesn't work ?)

BTW the difference you noted is due to FF being based on Gecko and Safari using WebKit. I was able to install Epiphany browser (with the WebKit back-end) and his site/app works perfectly.

FreeBSD Ports Search

What drives me up the wall about the so-called "hi-tech" industry is the complete refusal to settle upon standards that avoid this kind of crap. It's just pride and hubris. Unlike the mechanical trades which are much more mature as an industry....

What drives me up the wall about the so-called "hi-tech" industry is the complete refusal to settle upon standards that avoid this kind of crap. It's just pride and hubris.
Actually, ever since the Netcrap days, they've done it on purpse to "get an edge." There are standards. They just ignore them.

What's truly disgusting is that Berners-Lee who invented the web went way out of his way to ensure that any site would display properly on any device. The original web was specifically designed to avoid this garbage.

At the end of the day, you can blame the general public for putting up with this shit. In fact, they promote it. Remember all the smpathy for that poor little guy Bill Gates, the big bad gubbermint is just picking on him ? And the fricking Justice Department walking away from a slam-dunk case ?

Modern "developers" suck balls but the idiot public deserves it.

Actually, ever since the Netcrap days, they've done it on purpse to "get an edge." There are standards. They just ignore them.

What's truly disgusting is that Berners-Lee who invented the web went way out of his way to ensure that any site would display properly on any device. The original web was specifically designed to avoid this garbage.

At the end of the day, you can blame the general public for putting up with this shit. In fact, they promote it. Remember all the smpathy for that poor little guy Bill Gates, the big bad gubbermint is just picking on him ? And the fricking Justice Department walking away from a slam-dunk case ?

Modern "developers" suck balls but the idiot public deserves it.

Indeed I remember all too well. I called it "Nutscrape" back then (when they had the blink tag), but I still preferred them over Bill Gate's business tactics. That man is a filthy git who is trying to buy his way into Heaven now. Somewhere around here I still have copies of the internet RFC's, the POSIX System specs, and ANSI C.

Back