What's new
What's new

Availability of ISO-30 x m20 x 1.0mm Boring Head Adapter (or NT30)

Halsey

Plastic
I have came into possession of a 75mm Maren boring head in superb condition fitted with an R8 shank. I need to convert it to an ISO30 (or NT30). My Maren head has an m20 x 1.0 pitch thread.

Having spent quite some time searching the web, I have been unable to find an ISO30/M20x1.0 adaptor (or for that matter an NT30/m20x1.0 adapter). Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier for this item?

Many thanks
Halsey

Hi Halsey,

In my effort to find an R8 shank for my Maren boring head, all tooling suppliers could offer me was 7/8 20 UNEF which obviously would not work. I ended up making my own.

I do still have the original shank that came with my maren, prehaps it is the one you are looking for, I will check tonight.

Hi Halsey,

In my effort to find an R8 shank for my Maren boring head, all tooling suppliers could offer me was 7/8 20 UNEF which obviously would not work. I ended up making my own.

I do still have the original shank that came with my maren, prehaps it is the one you are looking for, I will check tonight.

That’s very good of you. It does seem a little odd perhaps that the m20 is not a more common thread. Maybe it was a Maren special??
Cheers
John

Back