What's new
What's new

Change Mitsubishi control parameters degrees per minute to inches per minute

SageGlad

Aluminum
Hey guys.

I got Mori Seiki DMC mill, it's 4 axis machine.
Anybody knows how to change parameters in Mitsubishi control for A axis?
When F speed is commanded all other axes moves with the commanded speed, but A axis moves like 10 times slower or so.
I assume it's something related to degrees per minute rather then ipm in the parameters for A axis.

All help greatly appreciated!

Hey guys.

I got Mori Seiki DMC mill, it's 4 axis machine.
Anybody knows how to change parameters in Mitsubishi control for A axis?
When F speed is commanded all other axes moves with the commanded speed, but A axis moves like 10 times slower or so.
I assume it's something related to degrees per minute rather then ipm in the parameters for A axis.

All help greatly appreciated!
The issue with this is that the control doesn’t know where to calculate IPM from. My Mitsu programming manual shows how to calculate the correct feed based on where the cut surface is in relation to the rotary center. Bet your manual has similar. Depending on what Mitsu control you have and whether or not your builder spec’d the option, you may have inverse time feed mode. CAM and post need to support that to be easy to use.

You cannot set any rotary to IPM exclusively, by itself. Inverse Time will time the rotary to the linear axis, G93, but not sure if that machine supports Inverse Time. Is this a Fanuc control? TCP and TWP will also time the rotary to the linear feeds but again, not sure if your control supports that. There is a formula that you can use to calculate the proper degrees per minute based on the diameter you are cutting, from the C/L of the rotary.

Thank you guys, that was a G93 you all correct. inverse time feed supported by this machine, it's DMG Mori.
They sent me the manual with the explanation and examples.
Talking to my post guy now to make it work!
Thank you again for all your help, I love this place and y'all.

Back