What's new
What's new

Does it make sense to set up own CNC machines and produce parts compared to these Chinese prices?

Threads like this are pretty lame:rolleyes5:...........OP posts for the first and only time..........doesn't give enough info........we all speculate and give out our 2¢...........OP is never to be heard from again.............

Just a reminder from his profile page that he is from FINLAND.
I asked him to update that so it would show up under his name but crickets...
Here is his profile again:

First Name Ville
Last Name Savolainen
Company Name n/a
Job Title owner
State / Province not United States or Canada
Country FINLAND

Just a reminder from his profile page that he is from FINLAND.
I asked him to update that so it would show up under his name but crickets...
Here is his profile again:

First Name Ville
Last Name Savolainen
Company Name n/a
Job Title owner
State / Province not United States or Canada
Country FINLAND

I doubt that he knows how to change what you are asking.
(???)

He obviously has filled in the info - since it's there.
Personally I have no clue why some info is out front, and others are semi-hidden?

Besides, I doubt that they have bought a bigger building, moved in a half dozen machines, found machinists, and started pumping out parts - just yet. But I'm just guessing ...

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah, patents would be good ... if they hadn't been turned into something they were never intended to be.

As it is, they are mostly meaningless shit, used to beat up smaller companies.
EmGo....we do have something to agree upon........
Long story short I applied for a patent, guy was up front and told me it was a waste of my money and his time.
He proceeded to explain that if I was say Panasonic, working against Sony then the two big boys will somewhat respect each other.
But me, as a small outfit, anyone could copy my product exactly and what are you going to do about it?
So, we just made them fast as we could ,sold them till the demand went away, and moved on......

Personally I have no clue why some info is out front, and others are semi-hidden?
It's in two places - a required one and an optional one. The required one doesn't show. The optional one does.

Why the high-tech well-paid wizards of software who create this stuff can't make that work, I dunno. Just another one of life's mysteries, I guess.

I doubt that he knows how to change what you are asking.
(???)

Besides, I doubt that they have bought a bigger building, moved in a half dozen machines, found machinists, and started pumping out parts - just yet. But I'm just guessing ...

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
There may also be a difference if you are using a computer or cell phone to set up your info. I dont use cell phone so I dont know that end of it...

Just checked on the phone, same setup.

Possibly, as a middlebraider, an inquiry from yourself and maybe the rest of the referees would have some influence ? Us peons obviously don't count.

It'd be really good for when a guy goes "I need to have a 3' x 6' plate ground" if we knew WHERE HE WAS.

You need to drink the globalisation Kool aid, they told us it's a big village and everything will happen in the blink of an eye. All tied together with blockchain and Bitcoin.

The way China works, In my opinion, is that rural people work on farms and produce food for the country and so have less need for much monetary income (money)
This action makes manufacturing less expensive.
Common factory workers don't all have cars, so another great saving to manufactured items costs.
There are aids to shipping costs.
And China has a 30-year or something allowance for pollution.
All in all, we can not compete with China even up.
I have no ill attitudes toward the Chinese people but even up they can beat the USA in manufactured goods pricing.
The idea that we are aiding China's Development is foolish because the China government likes it that way...and the China people will never become as wealthy (and often spending-foolish as Americans.)

So CNC machining to make common manufactured goods is likely a poor business idea. Having a protected clientele like selling to the likes of John Deere Tractor might be good, but starting out to catalog goods may be difficult.

Last edited:

Back