What's new
What's new

Esprit 2016 installation fail

I have been using Esprit 2016 on a windows 10 computer since 2018. 3 weeks ago the computer was swapped for a new one and the IT dept hasn't been able to install Esprit. I contacted the vendor and was told Esprit 2016 would not work with windows 10. Informed the vendor It has been used with windows 10 for the last four years. Then was told by the vendor there would be issues. Ok. And that there should be no problem installing Esprit. Earth to vendor, there is a problem.
The maintenance contract expired years ago so I think this is the vendor's attempt to get the company to sign a new contract. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions.

I have been using Esprit 2016 on a windows 10 computer since 2018. 3 weeks ago the computer was swapped for a new one and the IT dept hasn't been able to install Esprit. I contacted the vendor and was told Esprit 2016 would not work with windows 10. Informed the vendor It has been used with windows 10 for the last four years. Then was told by the vendor there would be issues. Ok. And that there should be no problem installing Esprit. Earth to vendor, there is a problem.
The maintenance contract expired years ago so I think this is the vendor's attempt to get the company to sign a new contract. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions.
IT should have just mirrored the drive and stuck it in the new computer...or just used the old drive if it was good enough. Maybe that's an option, just go get the old drive and plug it in! Problem solved!

IT should have just mirrored the drive and stuck it in the new computer...or just used the old drive if it was good enough. Maybe that's an option, just go get the old drive and plug it in! Problem solved!
According to the IT guy, he did mirror the drive. The computers are leased so the whole computer has to be sent back to the leasing company. However, if the drives were swapped, who would know or care.

According to the IT guy, he did mirror the drive. The computers are leased so the whole computer has to be sent back to the leasing company. However, if the drives were swapped, who would know or care.
Maybe I'm not understanding, you say that he couldn't install Esprit 2016, he says he mirrored the drive, which you say already had windows 10 and Esprit on it and working?

If it is installed but not running, have you tried compatibility mode?

Maybe I'm not understanding, you say that he couldn't install Esprit 2016, he says he mirrored the drive, which you say already had windows 10 and Esprit on it and working?

If it is installed but not running, have you tried compatibility mode?
Like I said before, he is the one doing the installation and I only know what he is telling me. And I suspect if I offer any "suggestions", the whole process will come to a grinding halt, unless the "suggestions" were carefully worded.

Ofcourse your vendor will be no help once you stop paying maintenance fees. I'm surprised they even answered their phone.

Buyout your original computer from the leasing company, hope you didn't give it back yet?!

Ofcourse your vendor will be no help once you stop paying maintenance fees. I'm surprised they even answered their phone.

Buyout your original computer from the leasing company, hope you didn't give it back yet?!
That would be up to upper management. Based on the decisions they have made over the past few years, they would be ok with me doing all my programming by hand, which I have been doing for the last three weeks. But then I get paid by the hour. I have some ideas on how to "fix" the issue. The only drawback would be some people would be very upset.

Back