What's new
What's new

FS: Nice Bridgeport Mill, Hardinge Lathe

fishiganmichigan

Aluminum
Downsizing and need to make space. For sale is the following, located in SW Michigan. All aspects of all the machines work exactly as they should. These have been very well maintained.

Bridgeport Mill - 2HP, Vari-Speed Head, 4200 rpm
New ballscrews and nuts
Ways are very tight, all original scraping still fresh
Added powerfeeds to the X and Z axes
Automatic stops for the X powerfeed
Two-axis Anilam Wizard DRO + spare for parts
Air-powered collet changer
Includes vise
Lots of tooling
$5k

IMG_6832.JPG

Hardinge HC Turret Lathe - 4500 rpm, 2-speed
Newall DP700 DRO
Variable speed with levers and knobs
Brake and coolant pumps work well
Powerfeeds both work well, infinitely variable in both Z and X
Includes lever cross slide and dovetail adapter
Includes headstock-mounted cutoff lever and blade
Includes radius-cutting attachment
Includes auto-threader
Brand new transformer
Tons of tooling
Good set of 5C collets
Includes Hardinge 4-jaw chuck (nice)
Includes pointers and stops for production runs
$5k

IMG_6840.JPG

Video of the Hardinge HC making some brass lantern pinions:
Link

Video of the Rambold lathe making some tiny 4-40 stainless screws:
Link
Those are some very well done videos, thanks for sharing them. Nice work on nice machines :)
The Hardinge one answered the question I was going to ask, if you can use the turret, cross slide and spindle mounted cut off all without interfering with each other.

Very cool video. That is a neat little lathe. I have got little bigger turret lathe but never used the turret. Likely never will as usually do one offs.

The Hardinge one answered the question I was going to ask, if you can use the turret, cross slide and spindle mounted cut off all without interfering with each other.
Oh yeah, it's not a real DSM-59 job unless you can put 9 tools to the work in one setup. ;)
The downside, of course, is the dozen or so scrap parts you need to make in order to set up the job. :(

Great part-catcher setup on the tiny turret lathe.

Your videos confirm my idea that the quickest way to automate part manufacture is sometimes to swap parts between different machines, each dedicated to a couple of operations.

Great part-catcher setup on the tiny turret lathe.

Your videos confirm my idea that the quickest way to automate part manufacture is sometimes to swap parts between different machines, each dedicated to a couple of operations.
Yeah, the part grabber/catcher was pretty slick.

@Superbowl - Yeah, I think they're useful even if you don't have to do production runs. They're just so flexible.

@sfriedberg - Lol. You're not wrong about the scrap.

@animal12 - Oh yeah! You're welcome.

@GWIZ - Thanks man. Yeah, still going.

@Keyepitts - Will get back to you later today!

@jim rozen @standardparts - Thanks! Yeah, I plumbed the air blast for the parts catcher into the exhaust on the air collet closer foot switch circuit. So every time you hit the foot switch, it opens the main collet, stock advances to a stop, and the last part gets blasted out into the catcher. Fun little thing to figure out!

@Superbowl - Yeah, I think they're useful even if you don't have to do production runs. They're just so flexible.

@sfriedberg - Lol. You're not wrong about the scrap.

@animal12 - Oh yeah! You're welcome.

@GWIZ - Thanks man. Yeah, still going.

@Keyepitts - Will get back to you later today!

@jim rozen @standardparts - Thanks! Yeah, I plumbed the air blast for the parts catcher into the exhaust on the air collet closer foot switch circuit. So every time you hit the foot switch, it opens the main collet, stock advances to a stop, and the last part gets blasted out into the catcher. Fun little thing to figure out!
Might just have to "borrow" your ejector/catcher design---pretty slick.

Back