What's new
What's new

HAAS Desktop CNC Milling Machine

metalcage

Plastic
The Haas Desktop Mill is the ultimate training machine for schools and technical colleges. Powered by a full-function Haas CNC control housed in our portable simulator enclosure, the Desktop Mill is perfect for teaching the basic principles of programming and operating a CNC mill. Designed to cut plastics and machinable wax, it is also perfect for hobbyists and benchtop machinists.

Portable design easily fits onto a desktop or rolling toolbox
Powered by a full-function Haas control
15,000-rpm electric spindle
Ethernet and WiFi connectivity
M130 Media Display M-code

price: $4500

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 81
It's a cheap, Chinese, extruded aluminum router with a Haas control on it. You can get the same thing new on eBay or Alibaba for significantly less, with a PC control.

My bet is OP bought one thinking it would be more capable than it is, and now wants to offload it.

It's a cheap, Chinese, extruded aluminum router with a Haas control on it. You can get the same thing new on eBay or Alibaba for significantly less, with a PC control.

My bet is OP bought one thinking it would be more capable than it is, and now wants to offload it.

And they say I'm the grump of the classifieds!

My understanding is that they are meant for training, not for making parts. Having a PC control would defeat the purpose.
Yep. I took mill training, at the factory, on the isolated simulators. It was like trying to learn to fly instruments without ever having flown before.

The class covered everything like programming, editing, offsets, the tables, all the settings, etc, etc. What you didn't get was things like setting the tool offsets or locating the part on the table. You couldn't learn the Jog lock features or lots of other things, except to watch the numbers roll on the position displays.

We had to set work offsets by using hand jog and watching the coordinates. Get to somewhere in the envelope that looked like it had room and then set your G54 there. Same with tool lengths. It was all from coordinates on the screen.

I think this machine gives the complete experience and maybe they zip out key rings or name plates on the device when they're done. I could see a college classroom with maybe five of the simulators for learning all the editing and navigation at the control and maybe five of these for completing actual part cutting exercises on. Ten total seats. Everyone trade when it's the second group's turn to run their part.

Back