What's new
What's new

How to connect Sodick Seikanet machine to network share?

Hello Shane

can I also get a email copy for PDF with the instructions for connecting SEIKENET in the email.

Thanks

I dont know if this will help anyone or not but I ws having issues with getting our Sodick to connect too. It kept asking for user and pass. What I did to get it to work was this...I am also using Windows 2016 Server.
On the server, I created a share called NCPROHD. (Sodick is looking for this share when you connect).
The Share permissions (Everyone Full Control), NTFS permissions should be default (Users can modify )
Next I created a user for the wire called......wait for it.... "wire" and set a password and then made sure it was added to the users group.

On The machine, SEIKA net page 3 (Network Account), For "Computer Name" I entered the name of the Server. For "Account" I used the user I created, in my case "wire", and for "Password" I entered the password I set for that user.

This all assumes your already connected thru Ethernet and have an IP and can Ping the server etc.

Then I just go and load a program like normal and it shows up just fine.
This worked for me....hope it works for others as well.

Hello

can I also get a email copy for PDF with instructions for connecting SEIKENET in the email

Thanks

Hello Shane.

Can I also get a email copy for PDF with the instructions for connecting SEIKENET in the email.

Thanks.

Here ya go. Its an older PDF but works the same for AG, VL and ALN machines.

Attachments

• Setup_LAN(V3.0_Oct2005).zip
    607.3 KB · Views: 36
Hello all,

We have a sodick wire that was setup so we can access it through a windows explorer on our network and place programs in the machine.
About 2 weeks ago this stopped working. Attached is the error message. I can ping the machine so I know it is connected but get no access through a file explorer.

Any one experience similar problems.

Attachments

• Ping_Tiger.png
    Ping_Tiger.png
    397.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Windows_cannot_Access_Tiger.png
    Windows_cannot_Access_Tiger.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 4

Back