What's new
What's new

Mazak SQT10MS - MMP process HELP!

gecko

Plastic
Hello,

I am and have been the owner of a Mazak SQT10MS with T32 control for a number of years now. I know enough to be dangerous ;).

That is, I am an Engineer, but not a programmer. Since I am a small business owner, I would generally have a guy down the street program this for me and then, we could set it up by ourselves on future prodution runs.

Since then, I have been able to program some of my own simple parts. We generally use the machine for prototypes and small production runs.

Well, I have a new small run of a very simply part that I need to get done.

But, the problem is that it has a slot in it that appears is going to require a Manual Mill Process, of which I have no experience with. I have not found a way to do it with a canned Mazatrol process.

I do not have my programming resource right now as he is out on vacation for a couple of weeks :( Good for him, bad for me.

So, I have the part completely programmed with exception to the slot.

In one attachment, you will see the part. You can see that it is just a simple cylindrical part with hole into the end of it on the axis.

You can then see the slot that I wish to machine with a ball-end mill. This slot is on the center axis and is 7mm in width. It goes straight into the part for a given distance and then exits the part on an angle. I should mention that the material is 303 Stainless.

The next image that I have included is that of the ideal tool path. You can see that the tool goes straight into part on the z axis and exits the part on an angle in the x axis.

I have also included a screen shot of the monitor where I want to insert the MMP. It is right after I complete the drill process.

So, this is where I need help. I have no idea if I am doing this right or not. I assume I need to bring the tool into position in from of the part i.e. 0.25Z and -0.1X ? Is this how I do this? Then, I need to turn on the coolant, turn on the mill tool for cutting, make the straight move on the z, make the angle move on the x and then back home with the tool?

Is there anyone that can help me with programming this MMP? This should be so simple, I just have never done it. Can you help?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Attachments

• 240123 - Base 1 - Mike.JPG
    240123 - Base 1 - Mike.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 240123 - Base Tool Path - Mike.JPG
    240123 - Base Tool Path - Mike.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 240123 - Base MMP Help.JPG
    240123 - Base MMP Help.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 8
Hello,

I am and have been the owner of a Mazak SQT10MS with T32 control for a number of years now. I know enough to be dangerous ;).

That is, I am an Engineer, but not a programmer. Since I am a small business owner, I would generally have a guy down the street program this for me and then, we could set it up by ourselves on future prodution runs.

Since then, I have been able to program some of my own simple parts. We generally use the machine for prototypes and small production runs.

But, the problem is that it has a slot in it that appears is going to require a Manual Mill Process, of which I have no experience with. I have not found a way to do it with a canned Mazatrol process.

I do not have my programming resource right now as he is out on vacation for a couple of weeks :( Good for him, bad for me.

In one attachment, you will see the part. You can see that it is just a simple cylindrical part with hole into the end of it on the axis.

You can then see the slot that I wish to machine with a ball-end mill. This slot is on the center axis and is 7mm in width. It goes straight into the part for a given distance and then exits the part on an angle. I should mention that the material is 303 Stainless.

The next image that I have included is that of the ideal tool path. You can see that the tool goes straight into part on the z axis and exits the part on an angle in the x axis.

I have also included a screen shot of the monitor where I want to insert the MMP. It is right after I complete the drill process.

So, this is where I need help. I have no idea if I am doing this right or not. I assume I need to bring the tool into position in from of the part i.e. 0.25Z and -0.1X ? Is this how I do this? Then, I need to turn on the coolant, turn on the mill tool for cutting, make the straight move on the z, make the angle move on the x and then back home with the tool?

Is there anyone that can help me with programming this MMP? This should be so simple, I just have never done it. Can you help?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Hello,

Thanks in advance,
Mike
The attached photo shows a simple mmp process that's producing 4 flats, note you'll need a 1 in your gear cell...

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_073456.jpg
    IMG_20240124_073456.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 6
The X axis on older machines is still programmed using diametrical values so X would be -.200. Verify this is true on your machine please.

You need to add Gear 1 in process 7 in the field before the tool number or it will not work.

G0 Z.25 C0.0 S2000 or whatever Max RPM you have available
G0 X-.2 M210
G1 Z-.7 F.002 or F10.0 depending if IPR or IPM
G1X1.0 Z-1.769
G0X2.0

Last edited:
Hello Guys.

Thanks so much for your help!! I appears to have worked and saved the day.

Yes, this granny machine is diametrical. Thanks for the reminder.

I still need to dial things in such as the drill, but I am now able to make chips.

I have attached an image of what the program ended up looking like and what the first sample part looks like.

Thanks again!

Mike

Attachments

• 240124 - Base 1 - Slot Process.JPG
    240124 - Base 1 - Slot Process.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 4
  • 240124 - Finished Part.JPG
    240124 - Finished Part.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 4

Back