What's new
What's new

Mazak tape mode and use of M998

Michael01

Plastic
Long time reader, first time poster. I tried looking for an answer first and couldn't find one. I will try to make this short and to the point.

I am currently running a program on a Mazak horizontal with a matrix controller that is too big to fit on the normal drive. I stored it in the HDD drive. This forces you to either subprogram on the normal drive to grab this program (which I do not want to do) or run in tape mode. I know that I can cut this program into pieces and subprogram it. My goal is to just output it from my cam software and run it.

With that said is it possible to end the program with a M998 and call up my next program which is also in the HDD. The digital book I have says to call it up M998S####, that didn't work as well as M998 S#### didn't work. The physical copy I have says to call it up M998<####> that also didn't work, as well as M998 <####>. The applications guy from Mazak service said try a format of M998 S#### this also did not work. Also to note I am using a 6 digit program number, in tape mode can it only read a 4 digit program number? I cannot try until Monday, but hoping to get some insight here on whether this is possible or not and what I am doing wrong. Thank you!

Back