What's new
What's new

Power on time is not in hours?

CarbideCarGuy

Plastic
Hey everyone!

I was asked to get the amount of power on hours from the Haas Lathe we have. We have the Next Gen control so I followed This Video. In the video, it shows Hours:Minutes:Seconds, but mine does not look like that. It just has one number "306" I waited an hour and 45 minutes and the number never changed. There's a not help button or information online about it.

Does anyone know what this number indicates?
Does anyone know how I could find the actual hours:minutes:seconds for this machine?

Lathe on time.png

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I spoke to 3 Haas reps from my local sales company and No one knows what these numbers are. One guy told me "It's hours" but the machine was on for 8 hours and the number hasn't changed. Another rep said "the time is in current commands" which is not the real time since you can Origin the time and Zero it.

I found out, if you plug in a flash drive and hit Shift + F3 on the control, it will output all the data, diag., and maint. logs Including the actual Power On time in Hours:Minutes:Seconds. You just have to dig a little bit.
The hours on the machine were around 1700 hours, which is about 71 days. So it couldn't be Days either. I still have no idea what those numbers mean.

19.1123 is ancient software, it's not suprising if that's a glitch
there's a whole bunch more associated with that version of software, like weird peck drilling problems, the door unlocks if the spindle encoder loses connection, etc.

19.1123 is ancient software, it's not suprising if that's a glitch
there's a whole bunch more associated with that version of software, like weird peck drilling problems, the door unlocks if the spindle encoder loses connection, etc.
I called Haas about getting my controls updated (I am not allowed to use Haas Connect to update) and they recommended I don't update and there is no reason to update. I pushed to have my machines updated but they really don't want to update.

I called Haas about getting my controls updated (I am not allowed to use Haas Connect to update) and they recommended I don't update and there is no reason to update. I pushed to have my machines updated but they really don't want to update.
Because something else will break, and then they'll have to figure out how to fix it.

Back