What's new
What's new

What tonnage obi press do you think could handle this punch? See pics

Joemarina

Plastic
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a punch press to replicate the punches in the pics uploaded. Problem is, is that I know nothing about punch presses. I’ve done about 5 hours of research so my knowledge on the topic is tiny. From what I can gather it looks like an OBI press would work well? If so, can anyone help me with the details to find a press that can get the job done? Or if there are any other punch technologies to look into I would great appreciate the help. I am thinking I will need to make about 40-60 punches a day once a press is acquired.

Thank you all and have a great weekend!
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0830.jpeg
    IMG_0830.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0829.jpeg
    IMG_0829.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0826.jpeg
    IMG_0826.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0833.jpeg
    IMG_0833.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
I still need some help. Maybe I need to talk to someone in person. Im looking to buy the machine that will do this type of punch. Would you guys recommend going to a die company to source a punch for the pics I posted? Or is there a difference place that can help me? I don’t think I’m going to buy a laser or anything like that. I’m pretty sure air or flywheel is what I’m looking for. Seems like everything is used? Just looking for some detailed help and willing to answer any questions. Thanks all.

Good ,working flywheel presses go for scrap every day ......you can get up to around 15 ton rating for $500 ...........I suggest you look for the next for sale advert for a press ,and visit the seller.....most of time ,the seller will give you lots of advice about presses ,even if you dont buy.................be aware though ,safety regs have scrapped the presses,if you have employees its a completely different ball game.

Good ,working flywheel presses go for scrap every day ......you can get up to around 15 ton rating for $500 ...........I suggest you look for the next for sale advert for a press ,and visit the seller.....most of time ,the seller will give you lots of advice about presses ,even if you dont buy.................be aware though ,safety regs have scrapped the presses,if you have employees its a completely different ball game.
I will keep my eyes open! Do you think a 15 ton would do the trick for the pics I posted? With the right die, of course. Also, could you tell me a little bit more about the employee part? Haha

A 15 ton would be more than you need,Id think 5 ton would be plenty..........but....its whats for sale locally.......unless you have your own truck ,moving flywheel presses isnt for the faint hearted...........which you will see when you look at one......Like the time we bought a 160 ton back geared press,and tipped it over on the floor .....it was like an earthquake .....building demolition started early.

John, modern punch presses with safe clutches and controls are in high demand and generally sell for more than $500.

Back