What's new
What's new

Will a Behind The Tape Reader fix Data Starving?

gmoushon

Cast Iron
I'm struggling with data starving when drip feeding a 3D tool path generated by Fusion to my 1995 Kitamura with a Yasnac MX3 control. I've done a lot of research and have adjusted the Smoothing and Tolerance settings in Fusion. I've eliminated all the redundant characters in the code and, although its better, I still have some issues.

I've been told that if I purchase a BTR, it "may" solve this problem. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do BTR's eliminate data starving? I'm skeptical.

No.

Because they feed data at the speed of the tape reader interface which is way slower than your RS232 or memory speed. BTDTD

Does a MX3 have a tape reader? '95 seems pretty new for that.

Yeah...It does.

Sorry, I just realized we talked about this before. Guess I've been burning the candle a little too much at both ends lately and forgot. It doesn't come up that often, but I'm running a complicated part right now and am up against it again.

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond tho...

You can get a 1 meg memory from these guys. It ain't cheap, but it's what works.

Yasnac Memory Upgrade Kits – Memex Inc.

We put one of these boards into our 6MB back in 1990. It still works great. However, I would suggest copying down ALL of your parameters before installation. We had a problem where pitch error numbers, ATC magazine designations etc were lost and luckily restored from the original bubble board.

I ended up photographing the various parameter pages off the bubble board with an ipad and then keying the numbers back in page by page.

Back