What's new
What's new

WTB T bolts for Bridgeport head

You might also need the sleeves that go into two of the holes in the quill housing.
You know I just bought this head a couple nights ago and found a spacer rolling around the truck and I couldn’t figure out if it was for the head or just random junk in my truck. Sure enough one was missing.. thanks!

Man, I wish you would have told me this last week, I would have just ordered a new Bridgeport, Rather than deal with this old garbage!

have two if your interested...some other small parts as well.

Attachments

• 20231006_074755.jpg
    20231006_074755.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 13
I have these, not sure sure where they came from, but I did have a J-head that was in pieces kicking around here about 20+ yrs ago. I believe these belonged to it, seems I only have 3 of them

Shank: 3-1/4" length (includes 3/4" length of 7/16 - 14 thread
T-end: 3/4 square x 1/4 thick

T-bolt-1.jpg

T-bolt-2.jpg

Man, I wish you would have told me this last week, I would have just ordered a new Bridgeport, Rather than deal with this old garbage!
Not a fair comparison. A $100.00 item compared to a machine costing close to 20 grand new. Apples to Oranges! I understand trying to save a buck and do so regularly but at some point, even as a garage hack, my time is money not to mention the aggravation to find items that really don't cost all that much new.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
I have these, not sure sure where they came from, but I did have a J-head that was in pieces kicking around here about 20+ yrs ago. I believe these belonged to it, seems I only have 3 of them

View attachment 411302

View attachment 411303
I’ll get some measurements tonight, but from what I remember, those might be a little short. Thanks
have two if your interested...some other small parts as well.
do you know what the length of the shaft is? I’m putting the j head on a millrite so I’m hoping the standard Bridgeport bolts will work
Thanks
Not a fair comparison. A $100.00 item compared to a machine costing close to 20 grand new. Apples to Oranges! I understand trying to save a buck and do so regularly but at some point, even as a garage hack, my time is money not to mention the aggravation to find items that really don't cost all that much new.

it’s all relative. There’s millionaires who wouldn’t think twice about dropping 20-30k on a new machine when they could still get a perfectly good 5 year old machine for half that.. just like there’s people making 6 figures who wouldn’t think twice to spend $100+ on new mounting bolts on a machine that maybe has been meticulously restored, scraped,etc..(I’d do the same in that situation)
But in this case I’m trying to find some good used bolts to put an old j head on an old Burke millrite.
I’m not looking for a handout, just looking to save a couple bucks and maybe help someone else make a couple bucks

I’ll get some measurements tonight, but from what I remember, those might be a little short. Thanks

do you know what the length of the shaft is? I’m putting the j head on a millrite so I’m hoping the standard Bridgeport bolts will work
Thanks

it’s all relative. There’s millionaires who wouldn’t think twice about dropping 20-30k on a new machine when they could still get a perfectly good 5 year old machine for half that.. just like there’s people making 6 figures who wouldn’t think twice to spend $100+ on new mounting bolts on a machine that maybe has been meticulously restored, scraped,etc..(I’d do the same in that situation)
But in this case I’m trying to find some good used bolts to put an old j head on an old Burke millrite.
I’m not looking for a handout, just looking to save a couple bucks and maybe help someone else make a couple bucks
Fair enough!

Cheers.

View attachment 411302

View attachment 411303
It looks like they would have to be around 6-6.5” thanks anyway

Thanks

Attachments

• 20231009_103325.jpg
    20231009_103325.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Those look like they would work. Do you know what you’d want for them? I wouldn’t need the spacers, but the bolts, washers, and nuts

2 cents.
On my machine those bolt heads have not deformed. Someone told me to only use an adjustable wrench.
But the people before me had some years to mess those up and they still look good. Hard is hard. I treat them with respect.

They would be easy to make as far as cutting. The kind of steel and hardening process would be interesting to do.
I have no skill with that. All I know is red hot. :drink:

Last edited:

You were absent the day they had "sarcasm" on the spelling test, weren't you. 😂

Back