What's new
What's new

Need help wiring Tida (Samson) TD-1336 Lathe

Earthdog

Plastic
This is my first forum post and I'm hoping for some help with wiring a lathe. I recently acquired a Tida TD-1336 Lathe, also sold under the Samson name. It has damage to the electrical panel which is visible in the attached images. Does anyone have this lathe, or one similar, who can post detailed pictures of the inside of the electrical box?

The machine belonged to the father of a friend. He was moving it into his shop on sections of pipe and it fell onto the backside. Unfortunately, the father died before he was able to fix the damage. I'd like to get this wiring figured out and complete his job to get it operational again.

td1336-lathe01.jpgtd1336-lathe03-wiring-front.jpgtd1336-manual.jpg

If you find no assistance, you will have to make your own schematic. I would select a spiral wound notebook dedicated to the lathe. One circuit per page or two. Gather all data plate info and the draw one circuit as you trace input to first terminal, etc. You will this notebook as long as you have the lathe or if you sell the lathe, let the notebook go with it. The task will get simpler as you proceed. Identify the components in each circuit and record its function on its page. When you get bogged down post a question here with photos, component part numbers, what is it connected to etc. Not too many totally different circuits here.

Photo shows damage to enclosure. How did electricals make out?

I guess if it were mine I would see what worked and what did not when connected to power - after a look for obvious short circuit situations at the enclosure damage

I see a (maybe) interlocked pair of mag starters suggesting either reversible or two speed for main motor

The stand alone mag starter services some single phase load - perhaps coolant pump

The rest of the stuff is ancillary

Thanks for the advise,I'll get it figured out. A picture would have helped a ton considering my electrical skills ( or lack of )but that is where electrical engineer buddies come in right. Still hoping for a photo though.

Thanks for the advise,I'll get it figured out. A picture would have helped a ton considering my electrical skills ( or lack of )but that is where electrical engineer buddies come in right. Still hoping for a photo though.

I can't see how a picture would help you at all, because it will look just like the picture you posted yourself will it not? It appears to still be all but completely wired from what I can see, and just missing the housing.

If you have some specific issues that you could better detail in another photo it would be of help. If you can't look at what you have there already and figure it out though then I think it will be hard for anyone to help over the internet.

I guess that I should have explained the electrical box situation in more detail, the box is destroyed but thats not a problem, the problem is that the electrical board and components are damaged and some are missing completely. I was just hoping to see an electrical box that is undamaged with all of the components and wiring connections intact. Thanks

Just signed up on this group and I just bought a functioning TD 1336, I know its years late but you never know.

Single or three phase? DPO of my Harrison m300 bypassed all that and used a vfd direct wired to the motor. I pulled out all the original stuff except for the forward off reverse switches controlled by the apron lever. I ran those switch wires to the vfd for low voltage control. I also kept the lighted "power on" switch mounted on the headstock.
Now the lathe has to have the power on, foot brake off and then apron lever moved to forward or reverse. Turn it off by either of those three switches.
BilL D

Back