What's new
What's new

KB Electronics Conversion

Marty Escarcega

Plastic
Anyone do or have any thoughts on the KB Electronics conversion? Their tech support gave me the run down, similar to below. They purport to have many satisfied 10EE customers who have made the conversion. Trying to keep my options open. Tried to email Jerry Tiers, but it bounced back to me. I think one odd thing is the use of the two controls and two seperate pots, one to control the field and one to control the armature.

Would really like to hear from someone that did it. BTW, the tube drive is gone....
Marty

Marty, scan down to the topic "ee monarch". I posted a letter from an engineer from KB electronics. I have not made the conversion yet (still waiting for the money tree to grow). :) Let me know what you think. Jeff

I emailed you, Marty.

Don't see why it won't work, and if you still have the control pots, you may be way ahead.
They are special, each acting over 1/2 rotation, so a bit of tricky wiring might get it going with the KB (or other) drives and act almost just like the original.

A relay to detect lack of field current will allow dropping armature current also to avoid runaway. Might be a trick to find, there are other ways to do it too.

Actually, the power available would be low, so it might stop in a cut anyway. I think I would put in the relay.

Back