What's new
What's new

14" Pacemaker spindle speeds and pulley size

Andy FitzGibbon

Diamond
My 14" Pacemaker was ordered with the lowest (17-1000 RPM) spindle speed range. It was also built with a 1710/855 RPM two-speed motor that cuts those speeds in half, I think because it was ordered with a relieving attachment (which I don't have).

Am I correct that the only difference between the 1000, 1500, and 2000 RPM speed ranges American offered on these lathes is the pulley size and the shifting chart? Looking at the parts books I have makes it seem that way. It would be nice to have it run a little faster, especially because I can still slow it down with the lower motor speed if I need to.

Thanks,
Andy

I have a 1500 rpm 14" Pacemaker, the pulley measures 6-1/2" OD approximately.
the pulley on my 1000 rpm 16" isn't original so I can't compare them.

I have a 1500 rpm 14" Pacemaker, the pulley measures 6-1/2" OD approximately.
the pulley on my 1000 rpm 16" isn't original so I can't compare them.

Thanks, great information. The motor pulley on mine measures roughly 4-4.5“ when I reach down in with a hook rule. Haven't pulled the end cover off yet to get a better measurement.

Thanks, guys. I went through the parts book hoping that they would list different motor sheaves as separate part numbers, but I suppose if you called for one they'd just ask what speed range your lathe was.

I have a 16x54 machine with the 27 speed head stock and a 2 speed motor 30 rpm-2000 rpm (can half all the speeds with the motor)

the head stock pully is 12.5" and the motor one is 9.25"

Back