What's new
What's new

2004 Deckel Maho DMU 70 Start up procedure

Wenglish120

Plastic
Hey guys,

So we recently purchased a 2004 Deckel Maho DMU 70 5 axis with a Heidenhian control and just got the power hooked to it today after about a month of it being on the floor. We went to go start it up and we pressed what we assumed to be the On button ( all the label markings for 90% of the buttons are gone) and nothing happened. The button lit up orange and it sounds like the hydraulic unit trys to turn on, but it only runs while you hold the button. We thought it might be a phase problem with the power and checked that, but now we just think we are missing a step. This is our first Deckel Maho and we have no experience with the brand from this time period.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated and I will do my best to give what feedback I can about the machine and what we've tried

You need to tell everyone what version of control it is. You can download manuals for the controllers and machines if you don't have them.

I believe it's a Mill Plus? I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure. I'm not familiar enough with the different heidenhian controls from that time and the seller didn't tell us exactly which one it is. We are primarily a mazak shop and this is our first major machine outside of that brand.

Back