What's new
What's new

Any success on recovering payment on undelivered tooling or machine parts?

Sorry, bit short on time, couple updates. Not heard anything from the supplier. Law enforcement and attorney are not options (they consider it civil and too much money for an attorney). Mostly, what I think I need to do is cancel the order, ask for the downpayment return (minus the quoted restock fee) and consider it a relatively cheap lesson. I'll update if anything else happens. Might pursue the collection agency option.

Thanks,
The Dude

Make sure you talk/talked with the owner about the situation, just in case you were just dealing with some drone minion. Its often very hard to get good service in Canada, most in sales have no clue what they're supposed to be selling(kinda sounds like they probably did eff up your quote) and are often bothered by your trying to give them money for it. Then there's all the failing businesses(last 5 years have been bad for many up here) or fronts(maybe they're waiting for it to come from China?) and then there's the odd ones who will purposely do this to stick it to you just because you're an "American"...

That said we still have some people/businesses who care, but fact is I pretty much always get better service and pricing even after exchange by buying from the US. Was there no US source at all for these items? Maybe take another good look and cancel the order, hopefully you won't lose all the $.

Back