What's new
What's new

Forum Features - New Post Alerts?

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
Sorry if this is posted somewhere, or if there's a better place to ask the question.

I haven't been as active on here as usual (busy and all) but try to keep an eye on my threads and threads I've posted in previously. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I thought it used to be that I'd get a notification any time anything was posted in a thread I started, or if someone quoted my post in another thread, but now since one of the last updates I only get notifications if someone likes or replies to one of my posts, so if someone just posts in a thread I started, I don't see it unless I go digging.

Is this normal, or is there a way to adjust what triggers a notification? Or is bookmarking or subscribing to a thread the only way to do this?

I'm referring to the red-bubble notifications at the top of the screen. If I look at a list of threads, it does the usual bold font for unread posts and normal for read posts. With the volume of posts going through this site, I miss a lot of what comes up under the "new posts" list, so again I'm trying to keep on top of threads I'm already in.

Did you get a bubble?

I click the watch button at the top of threads I want to follow closely—-both for threads I started or just am interested in. Then I opt for email alerts. Seems to work.

Denis

Nope. Just caught it from the new posts list.

I just looked at my bookmarked list and and it seems to have de-populated itself somehow. It's weird though as there's a couple of still popular threads I bookmarked years ago that I still get red bubble notifications even though I don't see them on my bookmark list.

Click your avatar at the top of the screen and then click "Preferences" - there are options in there for notifications you want or don't want, as well as for when you do or don't want to receive emails about them.

Back