What's new
What's new

Kennametal must have tools?

Josh@OTTP

Plastic
I have a $10,000 tooling certificate that expires in three months and I need to spend it. I got it with a Doosan puma 2600sy that should be running in about two weeks. Right now I almost exclusively use Iscar for turning and I'm not that familiar with Kennametal. Looking for suggestions on what you have found Kennametal does well. I also have a Haas st15, vf2ss, and vf4ss, so tooling doesn't have to be strictly turning related.

Indexable drills. For lathe work get them under the bore size. For example 15/16 drill for 1" bore. Offset to only leave finish stock.

indexable end mills and face mills i have used, they are all good. just depends what you need. if all else fails grab a ton of different sized end mills, havent tried the harvi II or TE but seems decent.
what type of work are you doing?

I use these tools on my manual lathe as well as gang tool machines SCLP083V. That tool is 1/2" square but other sizes are available depending on your need. With CPGT09T302HP inserts for plastic, brass, aluminum and free machining stainless and CPGT32505LF for Allen screws and tough alloys and a .008 corner radius and clearance for both turning and facing they cover 90% of my needs.

You might consider a few KM style tool blocks and some standard OD type tool holders. They make swapping out commonly used od or ID turning tool flavors a 60 second job and additional heads are on ebay for 10-20% of the KM prices.

Back