What's new
What's new

Mazatrol Nexus - Shape Exceeds Material Size - Why?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hello. Does anyone know why this shape isn't allowed and is there a way to make it work? Maybe a parameter that shuts off this error completely? It's strange that the shape check doesn't complain about this but the tool path check does. I know I've gone past Z0 on the ID before without any errors but on the OD I can't seem to do this. Any idea why this is?

Shape Exceeds Material Size 1.jpg

Shape Exceeds Material Size 2.jpg

Shape Exceeds Material Size 3.jpg

Your contour doesn’t make any sense to me. You use bar back unit, but the first line is like a regular bar out unit. You start from the wrong direction that is. Then you go… you are using some special tool to make a weird recess of some kind or..?

Your contour doesn’t make any sense to me. You use bar back unit, but the first line is like a regular bar out unit. You start from the wrong direction that is. Then you go… you are using some special tool to make a weird recess of some kind or..?
Yeah, sorry, it was a bit confusing. I forgot to mention that this is done on the sub-spindle. I get the same error if I use a bar out unit tho. For some reason, it really doesn't want me to go past Z0.

Shape Exceeds Material Size 4.jpg

Shape Exceeds Material Size 5.jpg

Back