What's new
What's new

OT Any one Know anything about '05 Tahoe ABS / Traction control?

Most modern automotive multimeters meters can read pulses. You leave the connector mated and backprobe it. Sewing needles will work in a pinch. What you do is gently push a greased pin through the weather seal until it touches the contact. If the circuit is powered off the vehicle one side will be dc (usually 3.3 to 5v) and the other side is the pulse output. With the vehicle lifted and in neutral (front) or parking brake released (rear) the tire can be spun by hand enough to get a reading. Even a plane Jane multimeter on dc will show a fluctuating output if spun slowly.

By the way, one of the most useful additions to a meter are a handful of 0.080" "Tip Jacks" for making plug-on adapters to fit the standard probes. You can even get solderless tip jacks that accept a crimp-on Fastab type connector - no soldering required.

You can test the sensor with an oscilloscope or almost any scan tool. Just spin the wheel and it should generate a sine wave. I believe those are inductive and create their own voltage. The scan tool can show you the wheel speed.

You may need to find a better shop. Diagnosing ABS issues should not be an issue for a good independent shop.

You can test the sensor with an oscilloscope or almost any scan tool. Just spin the wheel and it should generate a sine wave. I believe those are inductive and create their own voltage. The scan tool can show you the wheel speed.

You may need to find a better shop. Diagnosing ABS issues should not be an issue for a good independent shop.

I'm sure they can do it but after paying to replace most of the brake lines and fix the AC I had spent about all I was going to.

Back