What's new
What's new

South Bend lathe auction on Gov Deal

guncrank

Aluminum
Not sure if this has been posted or not and I'm not sure if this is the proper place on the website. There is what appears to be an all but new South Bend 10L lathe on Gov Deals auction site. The auction ends today. The lathe is located in Nevada so too far for me to bother with it. Maybe somebody here will be interested. I have no connections with or have ever dealt with Gov Deals so YMMV. Here is the link: https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=505&acctid=16988

Last edited:
camlock spindle, long bed, hardened ways, taper attachment... if you want to a 10L, that would be the one to buy.

That large glass slide probably even still works, it's early Acu-rite DRO made by Bosch& Laumb.

With serial number 23112R, it has to be one of the last, "old style", South Bend lathes, built somewhere between 1989 and 1994, per wswells.com. Sold for $5150 + 10% + tax. Note the location, in the middle of the Nevada Test Site, wonder if it glows in the dark? Looks like they cut the cables on the slides and the fwd/off/rev switch took a hit and the flex conduit suffered because if it. This might be the nicest original example around.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 24
With serial number 23112R, it has to be one of the last, "old style", South Bend lathes, built somewhere between 1989 and 1994, per wswells.com. Sold for $5150 + 10% + tax. Note the location, in the middle of the Nevada Test Site, wonder if it glows in the dark? Looks like they cut the cables on the slides and the fwd/off/rev switch took a hit and the flex conduit suffered because if it. This might be the nicest original example around.
I was watching that auction, its about a 5 hour drive for me, I dropped out at $3,500 , its nice, but not that nice. I was kind of hoping to make it out to Mercury, and that is the only way in.

Last edited:
I was watching that auction, its about a 5 hour drive for me, I dropped out at $3,500 , its nice, but not that nice. I was kind of hoping to make it out to Mercury, and that is the only way in.

Don't you love it when you see an auction near you, in the middle of nowhere, with no real bidders get posted on this site? That helps to drive up interest so you an get outbid sooner and not waste time hoping to win.
No problem to post after the fact for information purposes.
Bill D

Don't you love it when you see an auction near you, in the middle of nowhere, with no real bidders get posted on this site? That helps to drive up interest so you an get outbid sooner and not waste time hoping to win.
It was about an hour out of Vegas so I had that gaggle of alcohol addled fools to contend with, they tend to pay stupid money for stuff. Bid on a couple dead/not running/maybe they can be fixed Bobcat skidsteers last week, they went for 17K each:nutter:

Back