What's new
What's new

Turbotorch C4 Faulty Handle

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
We Have an old Air/Acetylene Turbotorch rig that was set-up for Air/Propane use awhile back by switching to a different regulator. The only identifier I can find on the handle is a "C4" and that leads me nowhere online. It looks like all the other Turbotorch acetylene rig handles out there with the quick change tip socket, but instead of having a dial knob on the base it has a thumb button in the middle. Problem is that the button doesn't shut anything off and leaks gas in mid position. I assume it has some kind of bad seal or something, but it doesn't leak with the button in the "on" position and works fine using the regulator and propane tank valve to control things. We mainly use it for odd jobs heating up small parts or soldering. It would be handy if I could fix it but can't find anything related to parts or repair for these things. Are they meant to be disposable?
20240116_175356.jpg
20240116_175411.jpg

Last edited:
If you can take it apart, it probably only needs an o-ring. Shouldn't be a big deal. O-rings generally come in common sizes. Your LWS might even stock something that will work.

It sure looks like a turning knob. Are you sure that the small thumbscrew doesn't screw through into the larger knob to hold them tight through the handle?

I have some old turbo torch heads and they all use a knob for adjustment. Though none of mine match the looks of yours.

It sure looks like a turning knob. Are you sure that the small thumbscrew doesn't screw through into the larger knob to hold them tight through the handle?

I have some old turbo torch heads and they all use a knob for adjustment. Though none of mine match the looks of yours.
Rotating the knob doesn't seem to change anything, though it would make sense to have some kind of metering adjustment like others with the knob on the bottom.

Back