What's new
What's new

Finding documentation for older Atlas Copco Air Dryer

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
Cannot seem to find anything for this air dryer, at all.

Even my google-fu is lacking. Would anyone here have any insights?

Atlas Copco ID 18 Air Dryer.

IMG_8182_zpsdouxemla.jpg

IMG_8181_zpslrcftzj8.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8182.jpg
    IMG_8182.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_8181.jpg
    IMG_8181.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 3,021
Same. Google finds plenty of Atlas Copco pubs, just not that model.

If the compressor is still good, everything I'd need to purge & recharge is right there on the label.

'Still good' is not assured, given the age. Your needs are?

Same. Google finds plenty of Atlas Copco pubs, just not that model.
If the compressor is still good, everything I'd need to purge & recharge is right there on the label.
'Still good' is not assured, given the age. Your needs are?

Obtain proper documentation, insure working order, and place in service, somewhere in the line. Most former not of absolute necessity, but worth the effort, none the less.

I bought an Atlas Copco air compressor a few months ago, and I had good luck getting a manual by contacting the company.

I was a little disappointed at how dismally horrible their website is. There is literally nothing but ways to "have a salesman contact you." As such, I was a bit reticent to proceed much farther. There are plenty enough interruptions in a day without yet another salesman intruding. Looks like I may not have choice, though. Thanks.

Now to figure out how to use one of these things and where...

I'd expect you can actually get an admin-type 'customer service' rep who does manuals and such and avoid a salesman.

A good HVAC tech doesn't need the manuals, but would be more comfortable proceeding if they were available for his perusal.

Not my personal cuppa, but fortunately for maintenance, yours was shipped OEM with the 'modern' R134a refrigerant. R22 you wudda have already had to have invested in a stash of. DAMHIKT.

Use? Same race, not tribe, as a low-pressure de-hum on conditioned living space, just that it conditions a decent volume of high-pressure air for condensation-free paint spraying, operating air-powered mechanisms, and similar must-be-dry use that a smaller dessicant type can't keep up with.

You may not even have a regular need that justifies it?

Our Oxygen plants used a 40 Ton Worthington Vee Twin to get water out, then fed the 3600 PSIG air over hot caustic to take out CO2 as well.

Either water or CO2 wants to clog valves when liquefying air, then distilling it. Chilly bizness.

Your case? Air actuators and controls, perhaps?

You may not even have a regular need that justifies it?
( snippage )
Your case? Air actuators and controls, perhaps?

Machining Center, Turning Center, Wire EDM, various hand usage drops, and a Harig air spindle. The Harig and the WEDM being the most fussy about moisture free air.

As we've grown, little by little, the normal add-on filter-regulator units and the auto drain valve have kept up, even if only barely. We are getting busier and busier, and I would rather spend the time making parts and money than maintaining valving and checking filter regulators. I was looking into a dryer and this one was offered up, free of charge. So, it behooves me to get on top of things now, rather than later. Verstehen?

I was a little disappointed at how dismally horrible their website is. There is literally nothing but ways to "have a salesman contact you." As such, I was a bit reticent to proceed much farther. There are plenty enough interruptions in a day without yet another salesman intruding. Looks like I may not have choice, though. Thanks.

I thought the same, but I was able to get the name of the regional sales manager, contacted him and he provided the manual in short order with no repeat phone calls, etc.

Atlas Copco will be happy to give you the manual, then they will rape you on the parts.

I thought the same, but I was able to get the name of the regional sales manager, contacted him and he provided the manual in short order with no repeat phone calls, etc.

I took your advice back then and contacted them in both telephone and email. A few times, now. I have yet to hear ca from anyone at all from them.

Back