What's new
What's new

another one bits the dust

1yesca

Stainless
so i am mowing the lawn at my dads house 8 years ago and the guy next door hands me a box with some gun parts in it . here

he tells me you like this stuff [he is a machinist at a job shop] they fired a guy at his work and he was cleaning up his area

and found some gun parts [marlin mod 60 ] so in the box was a rec. , bolt assy w/ cocking handle and recoil spring assy. , mag

tube inner and outer and this new 18-1/2" x 1-1/16" stainless steel barrel blank along with a recite from brownells he got the

barrel from them along with a 22 rf cambering reamer [the reamer was no were to be found bummer ] so i was looking at these

parts thinking how and the hell am i going to make that mag tube work i don't want to mill a slot on the under side of the barrel

so the tube will fit that would be dime bag so like most things i put it on the back burner [way back] then one day i was looking

at a bunch of marlin parts and there was a papoose parts kit for sale the rec. was gone along with the barrel the stock had

been cut at the pistol grip and there was no mag. but there was every thing i needed to get things going and being i don't

like the 3/8" tip off rings on an aluminum rec.i used a counter lever scope bases. at first all i had was the cut off stock to use

but about a mouth ago i was digging around and and found a clip mag type stock in my junk so the other day i took it to the

shop and with a 1/2" ball mill hogged it out to aprox size then with some lamp black a 3/4" gun line barrel bedding tool and

some 80 grit paper wrapped around a socket i got it bedded to were i wanted it and that's one more done only 20 or so to go

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

And this after the section moderator gave approval by saying it looks good for being a box of parts. Seems like Gaskill gave it approval.

not only that but i took it to the range today and it work flawlessly and i came home with $400 and someone went home with it so i would say ya it was a good day so now its on to the no.2 mk.4 build photos to come.

Last edited:
I was mowing the grass and the anchor point for the electric blade clutch broke off and the whole clutch started spinning and the crankshaft became a 3600 RPM wire harness winch. what does this have to do with the post? Nothing.

had i not started it off like that you would not have any thing to cry about now would you moons

Back