What's new
What's new

1944 10ee Terminal Block Voltages

thebluecroc

Plastic
Hi,
I posted the thread about whether or not it would be feasible to pick up my 1944 (I said 1949 when I posted originally) 10ee with an engine hoist. In the end I got smart and hired a wrecker. Best $100 I have spent lately. I meant to snap a photo of the unload but once the lathe was hanging in the air (I was helping the wrecker move it) it didn't seem to be as good of an idea. I am including some pics here of it on the ground.
I have three questions for now (many more to follow, I am sure).
The exciter is not putting out any voltage. I have checked the brushes (which appear ok) and cleaned the commutator but still no go. I am going to pull the exciter and check the residual magnetism and wiring. I suspect the problem can be found here. Any ideas or suggestions on specifics to look for?
I have also included a picture of the feed selector dial. On top of it is a switch that doesn't seem to do very much and seems to be out of place for this machine. It seems to be from a later machine. What do you think?
Lastly, does anyone have a list of all of the voltages that should be found at the terminal block on the front by the main AC motor and DC generator combo. I have included a picture of it too but it should be familiar to most of you out there.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Pictures at on Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26644638@N07/?saved=1

You just need to flash the exciter. With the machine running take piece of wire and short E1 to E2 on the terminal block. Just for a fraction of a second, dosnt take much.

Looks like you machine had the round dial version of ELSR. But it looks like the rest of the parts are missing.

Back