What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16imb parameter for sending multiple programs while retaining original program numbers?

dandrummerman21

Stainless
Machine is a Robodrill with 16imb

I have a file with a bunch of probe programs that I need to load into a new-to-us machine. Programs are renishaw probe programs and a few others.

So I have a file, that has programs O8000 thru O8009, then it jumps to O9023, then O9721, 9722, and goes up from there.

For the life of me, when sending the file which is saved to a memory card as O8000, I can't get it to take the programs as their regular program number. After O8009, it names additional programs 8010, 8011, 8012, etc.

Is there a parameter that changes it to non-sequentially? when I send the same batch of programs to a 0m control (via rs232), the control will name them correctly as the program number given in the file.

You need to have the programs in a file called "PROGRAM.ALL" NOT "O8000" and that should get it to load the programs with the correct numbers.

Thanks. I did not try that specifically, but assume it would work. As I was away from the computer, I figured out a solution.

An additional way for you to do it, no matter what the file is named, is to pull up the card directory on the screen, set the file number (in my case, O8000 was file 13), but DO NOT set a program number, leave that blank. It then read the files and correctly numbered them.

Cheers.

Back