What's new
What's new

Hendey 12x30 history wanted

plumberpieco

Cast Iron
I am helping a friend fire up his Hendey 12x30 serial# 31534 and was curious as to the history of it. He had gotten it from Ohio Crank Shaft I do believe. Thanks Z

Got a phone call "Hey, you want that old lathe?" You all know the answer to that. So I thought I'd resurrect this post as I'll be adding it to my collection of orphans. Since it has the 18 speed gear box which bearings does it have, the ball or roller type?

Thanks Z

Depends. In the '39 catalog you had a choice of Timkens, Angular contact balls or Hendey Standard. Housing left of chuck will be stamped TRB for Timkens

Please post a picture for my Hendey scrap book
I have compiled a large number of Hendey Pics and at some point I will make them available for every ones viewing pleasure

thanks HCF

There's a beautiful looking Hendy 14 x 30 that came up on the local craigslist for $2900...

However, "Hey, you want that old lathe?", sounds like the cost was picking it up...and you just can't go wrong with a deal like that! :cheers:

Good thing I don't have any more room...and more so that I don't have $2900 worth of money at my disposal...the later is probably the bigger "good thing" for me... lol

I'm set on lathes, and may even sell one some day...but I sure to like Hendeys...:rolleyes5:

Cheers,
Alan (has never been given a machine, some have felt like it to me! ;) )

Back