What's new
What's new

Looking to buy a new lathe

Larry42

Plastic
I've spent a lot of time looking online and have narrowed my search to this one: PM1440HD from machinetoolonline.com I'm looking for input from anyone using it. It will be used for plant maintenance, fixture making and prototype development. Not production work. It will not be heavily used. Much of the equipment in our plant is European, therefore metric. So metric threading will be used as often as imperial.

Get the taper attachment! If you think you might, ever, maybe, use it, get it. I do not think you will ever find one after the fact, so get it and have it forever! :) It's a pretty affordable option.

I liked the C80 DRO we had on one of our work machines, although the Constant Surface Speed feature never did work worth beans. It was a model C80 CSS, and all the functions other than the CSS, which was linked to the VFD, worked very well. Dead easy to switch between inch and metric at the push of a button.

Cheers
Trev

I bought one about a year ago and I like it. I have over 45 years working as a machinists. The lathe is very adequate for medium to light work. It is very accurate . My lathe is the single phase model with taper attachment and DRO. Only thing I added was a chuck guard (splash guard). Contact if you need any more information.

There used to be half a dozen machinery dealers in Nebraska that would fight for your business. Monarch Industrial Machinery in Pappilion sells Victor. Productivity Inc sells Acer. Van Boskirk sells Kent. Don't know if any of them can compete.
JR

Back